2001 Chevrolet S-10 2.2L 4-cyl. FFV 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Nice Expensive Truck

2001 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Review

Nice Expensive Truck
By Nik on

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice truck. I like the bed size. I seem to have a three door, extended cab, long bed truck with a 4.3L 6 cylinder engine. I am told that this was never manufactured. The gas milage is not great. I average about 20 miles highway, but only about 17 city. In the winter I put sand bags over the wheels (rear wheel drive) and that hurts the milage even more. Have had a lot of repairs. Two air pumps, air pump check valves (only once though), starter (I think it's going again), front shocks, alternator, handle to third door three times (broken right now), and battery. I've had to truck 2 1/2 years, bought it 12/2005 with 6,000 miles, it has 36,000 on it now. It's had a full brake job too.

Favorite Features

Cup holders (very nice), automatic head lights, pick up of the 6 cylinder engine, the third door (when it's working)

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. Reliability. Make the handle on the third door metal so it stops breaking.