2001 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
2001 CHEVY S10 BASE MODEL EXT. CAB 4 CYL
By GEO on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

RIDE IS SMOOTH AND QUIET. 2.2 VORTEC IS PRETTY GOOD @ 120 BHP. HANDLING IS SURPRISINGLY GOOD. TAKES CORNERS VERY WELL.

2002 ZR2
By Flynn on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Gas on Highway gets 19 miles / gallon. Street probaly about 16 miles. Had problem with 4wheel engaging at 22k. Dealership fixed same day. Comfortable truck. Tows good. Four wheel very convinent. Good truck for outdoors. More room and comfortable than the Dodge Dakotas, Ford Rangers, and Toyotas. Drove all and the ZR2 was the most comfortable and had most room. Compared to my old full size chevy I only lost 6 inches in bed length and 2 inches in width. This truck will fit into tighter places than most trucks. Your better off buying a ZR2 that is a year old. You will save a lot of money.They have been averaging around 18K. Overall, I am statisfied.

Mistake
By JmusicB on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car because it was what I could afford at the time. I should have held out. The four cylider egine is way too small, I live in a relatively flat town and it struggles going up the slightest rise in the road. Since I have had it, I have replaced the third door handle, seat adjuster 3 times, Door Molding, Both window seals, and next week I am replacing the suspension system. The ride is smooth on the open road, but I think they put it together with duct tape and bailing wire.

Chevy S10 Xtreme
By MadXtreme01 on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. So far it has been in to service 7 times and I only have it since november. Ir took them 4 tries to fix the annoying sqeak coming from the brakes that made them sound like they were going to fall off. Now the steering makes a clunk and its going in for the 3rd time and im filing for the lemon law and in the process of getting refund.

Love My Truck
By Maoch on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Excelent truck. Good gas mileage for a truck. We live in the So. Cal. mountains and love the 4WD. We get good compliments all the time on the ride (like a car) and the looks of the vehicle. We highly recommend this truck.

2001 Chevy S10 LS Extended Cab 2WD
By NorthCaliGuy707 on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drive approximately 1000 miles per week in my S10. It's a 4 cylinder and gets about 23 mpg on average. So far I've been somewhat happy with the truck. The 4 cylinder is very underpowered for the mountain driving I do. The brakes have been completely replaced twice. New tires at 37k. New transmission at 39k. The tailgate does not stay latched and does not line up correctly with the bed. The window weather stripping has been replaced because kept falling off. The fuel gauge is not always accurate. It is sometimes off by a quarter of a tank.

Bunch of Crap from Coggins Chevrolet
By WilliamRFranklin on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The truck is not a very reliable truck I"ve had nothing but trouble from it and the quality of work from the the Dealer (Coggins Chevrolet in kissimmee Fl.) has been a real piece of work My seat lumbar busted t 27000. miles and they used bailing wire and wire ties to put it back together. I put in for brakes and a oil change and they tore into my dash a week latter I had to put a new battery and altnator in go figure right

2002 Chevrolet S10 Ext Cab
By Keith Kenyon on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is the worst new vehicle I have ever purchased. During my 3 month and 1700 mile ownership, I have had the following issues, replaced rear light harness, replaced rear end carrier bearing, replaced rear springs, replaced engine/transmission mount (3X), repainted both rocker panels, and numerous squeaks and rattles. I have had this vehicle in for service six seperate times and the truck has less than 1800 miles.

Big Red Review
By Big Red on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The ZR-2 package makes for a nice looking vehicle. My problems to date have been with build quality. Things seem to fit together poorly and the paint had a major factory flaw that I didn't notice until I brought the vehicle home. GM would not stand behind it and the BBB Arbitration process is a joke.

I work for GM so I didn't have a choice.
By Dokken on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The more I drive it the more flaws I find in the interior. Interior plastic looks cheap. Intrument panel pieces have a different shade and grain. Door trim pieces DO NOT MATCH either. I hope I can sell this thing in a couple years and not lose too much money. Buy the extended warranty! V6 is powerful, but a gas hog. Even for a truck!