2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
2001 Chevy S10 LS Extended Cab 2WD
By NorthCaliGuy707 on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drive approximately 1000 miles per week in my S10. It's a 4 cylinder and gets about 23 mpg on average. So far I've been somewhat happy with the truck. The 4 cylinder is very underpowered for the mountain driving I do. The brakes have been completely replaced twice. New tires at 37k. New transmission at 39k. The tailgate does not stay latched and does not line up correctly with the bed. The window weather stripping has been replaced because kept falling off. The fuel gauge is not always accurate. It is sometimes off by a quarter of a tank.

Bunch of Crap from Coggins Chevrolet
By WilliamRFranklin on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The truck is not a very reliable truck I"ve had nothing but trouble from it and the quality of work from the the Dealer (Coggins Chevrolet in kissimmee Fl.) has been a real piece of work My seat lumbar busted t 27000. miles and they used bailing wire and wire ties to put it back together. I put in for brakes and a oil change and they tore into my dash a week latter I had to put a new battery and altnator in go figure right

2002 Chevrolet S10 Ext Cab
By Keith Kenyon on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is the worst new vehicle I have ever purchased. During my 3 month and 1700 mile ownership, I have had the following issues, replaced rear light harness, replaced rear end carrier bearing, replaced rear springs, replaced engine/transmission mount (3X), repainted both rocker panels, and numerous squeaks and rattles. I have had this vehicle in for service six seperate times and the truck has less than 1800 miles.

Big Red Review
By Big Red on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The ZR-2 package makes for a nice looking vehicle. My problems to date have been with build quality. Things seem to fit together poorly and the paint had a major factory flaw that I didn't notice until I brought the vehicle home. GM would not stand behind it and the BBB Arbitration process is a joke.

I work for GM so I didn't have a choice.
By Dokken on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The more I drive it the more flaws I find in the interior. Interior plastic looks cheap. Intrument panel pieces have a different shade and grain. Door trim pieces DO NOT MATCH either. I hope I can sell this thing in a couple years and not lose too much money. Buy the extended warranty! V6 is powerful, but a gas hog. Even for a truck!

I love my ZR2
By packer on 03/17/02 22:30 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is great. I have had it now for almost 9 months, and have no complaints. The ZR2 wide stance looks great. The V6 feels smooth and powerful. I searched out a bought a 5 speed because they are much more fun to drive, and get slightly better gas mileage. I may have to sell it though because I just found out we are having twins.