2001 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Decent Truck
By bhaines on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I used to have a 92 S-10 with the 2.8. It was a very good low maintanance truck. This one is a little more high maintanance. Had lots of problems with the wiper switch. Had to be replaced. Thank goodness for warranty. Also had the fuel pump, ac blower and compresser, and encoder motor on the 4wd replaced. I expected a few kinks being the first year model so I am not surprised. The dealership fixed all of my problems though.

Alaskan S-10
By Scooter79 on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Have had NO problems whatsoever. Use 4WD daily during winter (October-May), with multiple switches between 2WD and 4WD on-the-fly each time out. Vortech V-6 is nice, but wish it had even more power as to drive home I need to go up STEEP hills, and pedal seems to be on the floor alot. Posi-traction and 3rd door are a must for my likings.

Nice truck
By HenryJ on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

It took a few modifications to really bring this truck to life. Thank goodness for a wide variety of aftermarket parts being available. I will be keeping this one for a very long time. Every model has it's "quirks" , but this one has been better than some for the problems being minor and few. Really suits our needs to a "tee" (Family, weekend offroading, daily commute).

Good truck for what trucks are for
By nccpastor on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck for the real- world...I don't haul massive amounts of steel, gravel, or tow competing makers up a hill. It is perfect for throwing boxes in the back, helping a neighbor move, getting a sofa to the church, or other real-life tasks. The 4WD has gotten me out of the Chicago snow several times. I love the 3rd door and extended cab area - you can fit a family of four in this truck. The gas mileage could be better (I get 16-18), but it is a truck. Solid. Reliable. Real-world.

Practical Pickup
By dewman on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Chevy S10 extended cab is a very practical pickup, size wise and economy wise. The ride is almost car like and the controls are very well placed. After owning three of them I can say they are dependable and trouble free.

Nice Truck
By BigAC23 on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

If someone is looking for a really good small truck that can fit a family this is it. It rides like a car on the road and preforms well off road. I am a tall guy and I fit with room to spare behind the wheel.

ZR2
By zr2boy2001 on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This ZR2 S-10 is the only truck that i have never had any problmes

I love it!!
By wanted a truck on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have always wanted a truck, bought it used. When I first bought it...I had problems with Air Bag Light, brakes, and stearing. The dealership stood behind everything (it was all fixed). Since then I have no problems with it

great truck
By tomq1 on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

this has been a good solid truck, the v6 vortec is a tried and true engine, has nice options that, for the money, make it one of the best push button 4x4 values on the market.

2001 Chevy S-10
By GEOBARI on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Ride and feel is Fantastic. Quieter Than you would expect from a small truck. Tight steering and smooth ride. The 4cyl 120 hp engine leaves a lot to be desired when competing with the big boys for highway space, but does pretty well. Fuel mileage is acceptable. On my last trip I got around 26 mpg.