2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews 5

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
I'm sellin it!
By Localboarder22 on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this truck I thought it was the coolest thing. Yea little did I know that durring the time I owned it, it would be in the shop 7 times!!!! Thats right 7, different problems every time. I baby the hell out of it and it still breaks. I will never own another chevy as long as I live. I am purchasing a Dodge now.

Pleasantly Suprised
By smartjt on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was mainly looking at the "import" pickups before I bought mine. A friend of mine told me that the S10 with the 4.3 V6 / Auto was worth looking at since he had known a number of people who had many trouble-free miles with that drivetrain. After comparing Toyota, Nissan, and the S10, the Chevy offered the most value/features for the money. After a year and a half of ownership, I can honestly say that the S10 has far exceeded my expectations. It gets 23 mpg on the highway, plenty of power and comfort, and so far I have not had it back to the dealership for any problems. The guys in Shreveport LA built a nice truck.

It's not a full size truck.
By e_mac on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is what it is. It's a compromise between a truck and a mid size car. It provides adequate hauling and carrying capability with the V6 yet it is economical to operate if you drive a lot. The vehicle could benefit from a slight lift to make it look a little more muscular, much like Nissan did with their 2WD pickups. Other than that the truck has been a solid performer so much so that I would likely by another or more likely the new Colorado due to replace it.

Generally not pleased
By 711 on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

generally very unhappy. build quality is very poor...windnoise, etc. Recurrent check engine light issues, clunky brakes, and power steering decides not to work well at times. Transmission not smooth in city driving

Content
By emac on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A good compromise in power and economy for anyone who spends a lot of time behind the wheel but still has a frequent need for a truck. With the optional 4.3L V6 the power is there to carry or tow most most things. Not a substitute for full size trucks in that department. Reliability has been a plus as has been my experience with other S-10's I've owned.

2001 CHEVY S10 BASE MODEL EXT. CAB 4 CYL
By GEO on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

RIDE IS SMOOTH AND QUIET. 2.2 VORTEC IS PRETTY GOOD @ 120 BHP. HANDLING IS SURPRISINGLY GOOD. TAKES CORNERS VERY WELL.

2001 CHEVY S10 BASE MODEL EXT. CAB 4 CYL
By Geo on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

2002 ZR2
By Flynn on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Gas on Highway gets 19 miles / gallon. Street probaly about 16 miles. Had problem with 4wheel engaging at 22k. Dealership fixed same day. Comfortable truck. Tows good. Four wheel very convinent. Good truck for outdoors. More room and comfortable than the Dodge Dakotas, Ford Rangers, and Toyotas. Drove all and the ZR2 was the most comfortable and had most room. Compared to my old full size chevy I only lost 6 inches in bed length and 2 inches in width. This truck will fit into tighter places than most trucks. Your better off buying a ZR2 that is a year old. You will save a lot of money.They have been averaging around 18K. Overall, I am statisfied.

Mistake
By JmusicB on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car because it was what I could afford at the time. I should have held out. The four cylider egine is way too small, I live in a relatively flat town and it struggles going up the slightest rise in the road. Since I have had it, I have replaced the third door handle, seat adjuster 3 times, Door Molding, Both window seals, and next week I am replacing the suspension system. The ride is smooth on the open road, but I think they put it together with duct tape and bailing wire.

Chevy S10 Xtreme
By MadXtreme01 on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. So far it has been in to service 7 times and I only have it since november. Ir took them 4 tries to fix the annoying sqeak coming from the brakes that made them sound like they were going to fall off. Now the steering makes a clunk and its going in for the 3rd time and im filing for the lemon law and in the process of getting refund.