2002 ZR2
By Flynn on
2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)
Gas on Highway gets 19 miles / gallon. Street probaly about 16 miles. Had problem with 4wheel engaging at 22k. Dealership fixed same day. Comfortable truck. Tows good. Four wheel very convinent. Good truck for outdoors. More room and comfortable than the Dodge Dakotas, Ford Rangers, and Toyotas. Drove all and the ZR2 was the most comfortable and had most room. Compared to my old full size chevy I only lost 6 inches in bed length and 2 inches in width. This truck will fit into tighter places than most trucks. Your better off buying a ZR2 that is a year old. You will save a lot of money.They have been averaging around 18K. Overall, I am statisfied.
Favorite Features
4 wheel drive. Drove to Matagorda Bay Texas. Drove in silt/ and sand. Did not fail me. Changing the oil. There is any easy access latch on the front tha I thought was good engineering. (Easily accessable.)
Suggested Improvements
Gas milage. At this day and edge it needs to be better. Under carraige coating is worthless. I have notcied this on several chevy trucks. If any thing rubs on the frame it will expose the metal. Repair it with paint. I feel that is the worst cosmetic quality.