Used 2001 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

No complaints here
By MB

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Personally, I have not had any issues with the truck other than the original battery leaking out acid from the positive terminal after 6 years of use. I never drive off road, and do not push it into 4WD situations, since I know this little 2WD would get stuck. I still have two of the 4 original tires with some tread left. I have taken it easy on the transmission and only rarely haul something heavy in the bed. Maybe I'm one of the few lucky ones, but by not abusing this truck and keeping it maintained it has given me no problems and has been amazingly reliable.

Gas mileage. Comfy bench seats. Quiet ride. Reliable, if you don't need it to be a large 4WD truck.

None really. It has no power at all, but honestly, it has probably kept me out of speeding tickets and accidents since it has forced me to not be one of those people who zip in and out of traffic because their car is peppy. Would be nice if there was some room behing the seat.

Mixed Feelings
By Gordon

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first brand new vehicle and I have mixed feelings. It HAS lasted almost five years straight. I have driven it repeatedly off road and pulled little bush stumps with it. On the OTHER hand, with less than 1000 miles on it a coolant leak developed behind the dash, turning that new car smell into that rotting corpse smell. It's also extremely underpowered. I have actually considered turning off the A/C when merging onto a fast highway. And I have to replace a blown A/C fuse about twice a year. As it nears 90K miles, most of the engine seals are leaking. In the end, it is just what I paid for: a cheap little truck that will take care of you if you take care of it.

Manual transmission is good for getting unstuck. A/C is critical in Georgia.

Had to buy a toolbox for my gear. Could be wider to fit that third passenger in without hitting the gearshift.

very good
By mmk

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD LB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

this is a very good used litte truck i found it in exelant condition

tinted glass 3 rd door

they make the the chevy s10 as tall as the ford rangers

Truck
By Darwinynigal

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD LB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Needs bigger tires

The interior and exterior looks. Fuel economy for a truck.

My 4cyl needs a lot more power. Would also like automatic windows to be a standard option. Needs 4WD

Dissapointing
By fjvwj

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My first brand spankin new car/truck. Treated it like a baby. After only 21000 miles, the car feels slugish, until you smash the gas pedal. Clicking noise from underneath the car. Seats are squeaking. Outside air comes into the cabin, whether you like it or not. Anti-lock brakes engage too easily. Because of that, I almost got into so many accidents. More of a liability than an asset. Chevy will have to do better than this to get me to buy another one of their cars.

Very powerful V6. Makes a nice little work truck.

Build quality. They gotta do something about those anti-lock brakes. And don't consider a flaw, a feature( the air coming into the cabin from where the gas and brake peddles are ).

• SUV