Used 2001 Chevrolet S-10 LS Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Can't get rid of it.
By Mi Yow

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Mine is a 2 door black 4.3L V6 step side bed with the ZQ8 five-star wheels and it sits a little low. Every time I decide it's about time to sell it, I get it washed and someone compliments how nice it looks and they're right. The ride is so bumpy and hard that it is embarrassing for passengers, there appears to be interior room until you put someone in there, the brakes take a little while to get the million pound thing to stop, and it's not easy to keep the rear end still when trying to start off too fast, but all of those things are good too if you think about it. I just can't seem to make myself buy another truck. Spending +$25K to get something new isn't worth more than my 18MPG.

Favorite Features

Torque, beautiful, wheels, towing, A/C so cold it's shocking, sliding rear window transforms bed into trash can, step side look, exhaust rumble is perfect, same size as a Jetta interestingly so it fits everywhere, but good luck turning it into wherever you need to because it don't - wide tires!

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius!! Brakes dear god, MPGs of course, suspension is too stiff. Classic Chevy door problem of falling off of hinge and not shutting correctly. Hayes manual not really tangible when describing problems or solutions, headlamps and brake calipers need special keys to adjust or remove.

Dissapointing
By fjvwj

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My first brand spankin new car/truck. Treated it like a baby. After only 21000 miles, the car feels slugish, until you smash the gas pedal. Clicking noise from underneath the car. Seats are squeaking. Outside air comes into the cabin, whether you like it or not. Anti-lock brakes engage too easily. Because of that, I almost got into so many accidents. More of a liability than an asset. Chevy will have to do better than this to get me to buy another one of their cars.

Favorite Features

Very powerful V6. Makes a nice little work truck.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality. They gotta do something about those anti-lock brakes. And don't consider a flaw, a feature( the air coming into the cabin from where the gas and brake peddles are ).