2001 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Can't get rid of it.
By Mi Yow on 08/25/08 13:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Mine is a 2 door black 4.3L V6 step side bed with the ZQ8 five-star wheels and it sits a little low. Every time I decide it's about time to sell it, I get it washed and someone compliments how nice it looks and they're right. The ride is so bumpy and hard that it is embarrassing for passengers, there appears to be interior room until you put someone in there, the brakes take a little while to get the million pound thing to stop, and it's not easy to keep the rear end still when trying to start off too fast, but all of those things are good too if you think about it. I just can't seem to make myself buy another truck. Spending +$25K to get something new isn't worth more than my 18MPG.

Dissapointing
By fjvwj on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My first brand spankin new car/truck. Treated it like a baby. After only 21000 miles, the car feels slugish, until you smash the gas pedal. Clicking noise from underneath the car. Seats are squeaking. Outside air comes into the cabin, whether you like it or not. Anti-lock brakes engage too easily. Because of that, I almost got into so many accidents. More of a liability than an asset. Chevy will have to do better than this to get me to buy another one of their cars.