Used 2001 Chevrolet S-10 LS Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

best EVER!
By all black

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i have an 2001 chevrolet s-10 5 speed with a 4.3 that i wouldn't give for the world. the only thing i have done to it was rebuild the transmisson and keep up on the tune ups. i have had 5 vehicles and my s10 has been the best so far. highly recommended for anybody in the market to buy one.

4.3, and the sporty look

make a better third door handle.

I Must Have One of the Good Ones!
By JTS64

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After reading all of the negative reviews on here, I felt that I should share my positive experiences with my truck so far. I bought my V6/auto truck new in 2001, and it has NEVER been back to the dealership for work. I replaced the battery myself when it started seeping acid from the side post a couple of years ago. Other than that, it's just been oil/filter changes and suspension grease jobs. I have driven the truck on 3000 mile round trips to Florida three times and have averaged 24 - 26 mpg on each trip! The seats are very comfortable for road trips as well.

Great highway gas mileage, comfortable seats - not torture racks like my Toyota truck, V6 has lots of torque, Great reliability - maybe keeping good maintenance helps there.

Original tires last a LONG time but grip is not the greatest, no other issues so far

heluva truck
By Daniel

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck on 7/20/2009 and it's been a joy to own ever since. I bought the truck for $6,000 and it had 83,000 miles on it. The only problem I've had on it is that CO2 sensor got moisture in it after a heavy rain and as the weather got warmer the moisture went away. The truck is very fun to drive and I'm hoping to own it for a very long time. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned and i love my s-10.

great mpg great sound system great motor and last but not least very fun to drive

nothing other than the CO2 sensor located in the exhaust system

2001 Chevrolet S-10
By Chuck

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I purchased this vehicle used in 2004 it had 38,000 miles. It has always started and has been one of the most reliable vehicles that I have owned. The 4.3 engine has excellent power and I have towed a 16' boat through the hills of Maryland and Pennsylvania with no problems whatsoever. The vehicle gets about 20 to 21 miles per gallon, and other than tires and brakes, the only thing that I replaced was a power steering pump.

Love the size of the truck. I don't need, or want a large truck. Although not fast, this truck runs really well.

Because it is a smaller, lighter truck, ride can be "choppy" on bumpy roads.

a useful yet comfy transportation tool
By Larry Milton

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new, expecting good mileage and long life. 2 wheel drive four cylinder, stick shift was hard to find. Have replaced both U-joints in drive train, battery after 5 years, no oil leaks after 8 years and 100,000 miles. Front seat tracks were replaced under warranty early on. Had to replace the throttle position sensor when it started acting up intermittently. Gets 25 mpg on all my driving. The clearcoat paint looks like new after 8 years of being garaged mostly. I never wash it. The rain keeps it nice, and I have had many compliments on it.

appearance, reliability, good mileage, soft ride, comfy bucket seats, no timing belt (chain instead)

make headlamps easier to replace