2001 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
best EVER!
By all black on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i have an 2001 chevrolet s-10 5 speed with a 4.3 that i wouldn't give for the world. the only thing i have done to it was rebuild the transmisson and keep up on the tune ups. i have had 5 vehicles and my s10 has been the best so far. highly recommended for anybody in the market to buy one.

I Must Have One of the Good Ones!
By JTS64 on 08/21/10 13:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After reading all of the negative reviews on here, I felt that I should share my positive experiences with my truck so far. I bought my V6/auto truck new in 2001, and it has NEVER been back to the dealership for work. I replaced the battery myself when it started seeping acid from the side post a couple of years ago. Other than that, it's just been oil/filter changes and suspension grease jobs. I have driven the truck on 3000 mile round trips to Florida three times and have averaged 24 - 26 mpg on each trip! The seats are very comfortable for road trips as well.

heluva truck
By Daniel on 06/16/10 13:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck on 7/20/2009 and it's been a joy to own ever since. I bought the truck for $6,000 and it had 83,000 miles on it. The only problem I've had on it is that CO2 sensor got moisture in it after a heavy rain and as the weather got warmer the moisture went away. The truck is very fun to drive and I'm hoping to own it for a very long time. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned and i love my s-10.

2001 Chevrolet S-10
By Chuck on 09/13/09 17:53 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I purchased this vehicle used in 2004 it had 38,000 miles. It has always started and has been one of the most reliable vehicles that I have owned. The 4.3 engine has excellent power and I have towed a 16' boat through the hills of Maryland and Pennsylvania with no problems whatsoever. The vehicle gets about 20 to 21 miles per gallon, and other than tires and brakes, the only thing that I replaced was a power steering pump.

a useful yet comfy transportation tool
By Larry Milton on 07/28/09 11:59 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new, expecting good mileage and long life. 2 wheel drive four cylinder, stick shift was hard to find. Have replaced both U-joints in drive train, battery after 5 years, no oil leaks after 8 years and 100,000 miles. Front seat tracks were replaced under warranty early on. Had to replace the throttle position sensor when it started acting up intermittently. Gets 25 mpg on all my driving. The clearcoat paint looks like new after 8 years of being garaged mostly. I never wash it. The rain keeps it nice, and I have had many compliments on it.

Great Truck
By Q on 03/12/09 19:20 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck with 15,000 miles on it and now have just over 155,000. This has been one o my best vehicle purchases. This truck has taken a lot of abuse and handled it well. I do a lot of hauling but have only had to do the front brakes once and have never done the rear. Intake gasket at 120,000 and o2 sensors at 150,000. No other repairs needed. Very well built. Great purchase.

A great all-arround mini truck
By john on 02/13/09 10:11 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my truck with 3 miles on it and now I have over 111,000mi. I have only had 2 issues. 3rd door handle broke and I believe this is attributed to lack of maintenance which asks for lubrication of the body every so often. And my heater core which I caused by running a radiator flush in my vehicle too long. Otherwise this truck has been like a rock. Filters and fluids are the only things I have changed on my truck. The interior is hardly showing its age. I love my truck. Just enough room in the bed for a homeowner to complete any weekend project. The key to any vehicle is maintenance. If people followed their vehicles maintenance schedule these problems would be cut in half.

Nice Little Truck
By ChevySS on 08/11/08 13:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for a long time and had very few problems. Not to long ago I had to put a fuel pump and a radiator in it. Thats not bad for 185000 miles. Runs like new. I have the 4.3 V6 and it makes pretty good power. Also looks good. Many aftermarket parts are out for it. I have aftermarket wheels on mine and it looks great. It's a great little truck.

"xtremely" awesome x dime
By XDIME01 on 07/10/08 13:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say about this truck, it's simply the best vehicle I've ever bought! The 4.3 v6 is a pretty potent motor, with lots of power, and wicked tourqe. The styling cues of the Xtreme are just amazing. I've had my X for almost 5 years, and sure I've had some minor problems, but what vehicle doesn't. I've replaced the battery, the third door handle (twice), and have had the brakes done. And out of those 5 years I've drove every winter, at least 30 miles a day (highway) with no more than just a set of winter tires, and I hardly ever got stuck. Plus the best part of all: all the aftermarket parts available for it, so you can take it from a stocker to a shocker!

Nice Expensive Truck
By Nik on 04/12/08 21:06 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice truck. I like the bed size. I seem to have a three door, extended cab, long bed truck with a 4.3L 6 cylinder engine. I am told that this was never manufactured. The gas milage is not great. I average about 20 miles highway, but only about 17 city. In the winter I put sand bags over the wheels (rear wheel drive) and that hurts the milage even more. Have had a lot of repairs. Two air pumps, air pump check valves (only once though), starter (I think it's going again), front shocks, alternator, handle to third door three times (broken right now), and battery. I've had to truck 2 1/2 years, bought it 12/2005 with 6,000 miles, it has 36,000 on it now. It's had a full brake job too.