2000 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Review: Third Major Repair in Two Year

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Third Major Repair in Two Years
By Will on

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Where should I start? Overall, the 2000 S-10 is a strong workhorse and looks good. Here's my dilemma since purchasing the truck with 100,000 miles on it. Last year, the transmission went out at 160k miles, next the third door handle broke ($140 repair and still feels like it's gonna break again), the alternator died this summer, radiator broke, and the starter died as well. Not knowing what the previous owner did as far as maintenence, but for a 6 year old truck it has left me stranded again...blown engine as a result of the heater core fizzin' out!! Oh, did I mention the $2600 transmission rebuild last year also? I love GM cars, but I'm having second thoughts!

Durable truck bed, exterior features, withstands the elements, comfortable, roomy interior extended cab

Consider better transmission, ball joints (wheel popped off this year), heater core, knobs and handles. Stereo system (Bass stinks when played at loud volume)