Stephen review
By Stephen on
2000 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab SB
I have driven this vehicle throughout Germany. I love the truck. It has been 100% reliable. Problems I had were as follows: The recline handles on both seats broke before 30000 miles becuase of substandard metal used where they scew onto. The truck wants to slide easy and traction is not good, despite the tires. After 140,000 I still don't burn oil, I am religious on changes. Also the brakes tend to wear out fast on the front and rotors warp quick. (All GMs seem to do this) I love the body style it is timeless and the 4.3 is a great little engine, but I really dislike the plastic coolant outlet valve on the radiator. Apart from these things shes done me great. Reliable as hell. Wind noise is bad.
Favorite Features
I like the neat ness of the body design, the engine and transmission compliment each outher in shifting and power. It's easy to service the vehicle and the steering is perfect for driving. She rides nice and takes corners well.
Suggested Improvements
Cut down on the wind noise. Build better seat handles. The hose on my truck from the coolant overflow caught fire after I washed the engine and it shorted with the right side ABS front bumper sensor harness,was a freak accident I hope. The door hinges need redesigned as door hangs and roller wears.