A bullet proof Chevy
By Johnny B on
2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB
Completely reliable, at least for me, without fail. Not once. I've had her for about 2 years and 31,000 miles, and the only times I've ver been stranded were because of tire problems, and once because of a dead battery. (when I first purchased the truck) it's not fast or flashy, but it gets very good fuel economy, especially if you drive conservatively. When I do I believe I get about 26-27 mpg. Sound system is nothing amazing, but leaves nothing to be wanted either. Abs has always worked properly for me and saved me from a few near-wrecks. This truck is fun on gravel, and good at light off-roading which I have done my fair share of. Simple, effective engineering and a good looking truck.
Favorite Features
reliability, fuel economy, third door, and fairly ample storage in bed and extended cab area. also good ground clearance which is nice for rough roads, driveways, etc.
Suggested Improvements
More power is the only thing I can think of, the 2.2 usually gives you plenty to do everyday things, but say you have a/c on and are going up a ramp to get on the highway, you have to floor the sucker. Other than that, perfect for everyday needs. I love this truck.