Used 2000 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

good trucks
By scrap-iron

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

i have had 7 s-10 trucks they have all been good trucks

Favorite Features

excellent ground clearance, good power,very comfortable, excellent towing capacity

Suggested Improvements

better gas milage

my truck
By s10metalhead

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

i love my s-10,i got used and it's got some snot for a 4 cyl. i drive it alot,i mean i have a lead foot,and the truck accelerates nicely. i've taken that truck soaring over hills at about 90 and it handled the abuse well. flying around corners in it is great, my friends don't even notice it, and i'm hualing ass too. my friends (the girls love that truck,long story) the guys think it's awsome i mean it's got a good sound system in it for stock

Favorite Features

chrome rims, i got it with chrome mag wheels, the cd player won't skip at all, i love the whole truck

Suggested Improvements

the gas petal needs a new way of connection,if your foot gets under it the cable comes loose and the pedal is disconnected from the throttle

S-10 is an excellent choice for students
By Jonathon Simmons

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Xtreme 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had my Xtreme S-10 truck for 1about 1 1/2 years now and I have not had any mechanical problems other than normal wear. This truck has been very reliable to me while I was in school and driving a lot of miles. I would not recommend the regular cab truck to someone who is any taller than 6 feet unless you dont mind being a little crammed. This truck is an excellent decision for a student who wants a truck that is reliable, fun to drive, looks awesome, and is relatively inexpensive.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the exterior styling and its comparitively good performance.

Suggested Improvements

Make the cab bigger, and reinforce the front valence to prevent it from being easily damaged.

Great Buy
By Big Phil

2000 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck is a great buy. I have 104,000 miles on my truck and haven't had a single problem. It isn't a flashy truck but it is worth every dollar.

Favorite Features

This truck looks nice and reliable. I can go out everyday and not have to worry about it starting or not. The inside is contured for the driver and great to drive.

Suggested Improvements

the truck is perfect for the price and any improvement will drive the cost up and won't be worth it.

S10 Mean machine
By billsfan90294

2000 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is a great truck. Has so mucn power and is very dependable. 4.3 L is the best enginee GM has ever put out. Tows trailers with ease and has great traction in the snow.