Used 2000 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

S-10
By jacgeo5153

2000 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Replaced tie-rod, upper & lower ball joints (had no grease fittings), rusted fuel line (garage kept), all before the truck had 50,000 miles. It's a shame you have to payout over $2,000 for these types of repairs and you're still making payments! I've heard other similar problems with these types of GM vehicles from friends and neighbors and I got about the same (that's typical) response from most of them. Absolutely terrible gas mileage for a small truck. Just terrible! Extremely rough riding vehicle. (Teddy Roosevelt would have liked it). I don't care to drive it and I can't wait to get a new one.

I can honestly say that I have no favorite features.

My review would be obvious for my suggestions. I always had pride in (made in USA) products, and at age 54, I never purchased a vehicle that was not made in America. My next vehicle will have another name besides Ford, GM or Chrysler, unfortunately!

Another piece of GM Junk
By Tom Bates

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Door hinges wore out after only two years. I have had leaks in the truck since day one. It couldn't get out of its own shadow, even on a down hill run. It is a base model so there are no electric components to give me any issues(electric locks, windows, etc).

The only thing has been the gas mileage. It gives average mileage for a 4 cylinder engine.

Change the "Get it out of the door and let the dealer worry about fixing it attitude." Scrap the crap and start over with a clean sheet of paper.

Not bad considering...
By ChevyOwner

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've been mostly pleased with my S-10. The biggest problems have been having to replace both front wheel bearings twice--apparently a design flaw that has cost me $2400. And the gas gauge has stopped working and I can't see putting another $700 to replace the fuel sending unit to get it to work. Other than that, all major mechanical systems have continued to function to my expectations. It has 94,000 miles and starts every morning without a problem.

Solid braking and minimal pad wear. Replaced pads around 65K instead of every 27K like on the full size Chevy. I like the roomy cab. It isn't luxurious, but it isn't cramped like many other small trucks.

The wheel bearings need to be redesigned. I don't see a reason for them both to wear out at 45K miles and again less than 20K miles later. Wind noise on the highway is a problem.

ZR2 upkeep disappointing
By turbo7106

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this truck with only 9,000k when one yr old. To date have had following problems: 10k drivers wiper stopped moving,tighten nut. 12k ignition module replaced as truck would not start at times. Throttle body sticking, cleaned twice. Leaks in Oil cooler lines and Pwr Steering pump line. $1,000 repair for the leaks. Should have bought the extended warranty. Not happy with repairs I have had to do. Loved GM all my life, not sure if I will buy another GM product.

Awesome 4x4 setup, great clearance, sharp truck in indigo blue

Better longevity of parts. Shouldnt have had all these repairs in 9k-58k.

Great Reliable Vehicle
By chevy4life

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck as used with only
36,000 miles and am still driving it
with zero problems. The only
maintenance I've had to do is the usual
oil change and air filter change. I
definitely got my moneys worth.