Used 2000 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Owner
By Lowbo

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Xtreme 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Since the day I drove it off the lot I've enjoyed the ride, Sleek running always a head turner. Will never sell this truck. I utilized this truck as if it was a big hauling truck. Hauled trailers and boats with it and it keeps on running. Only problem I had with it was an Oil cooler line break 2 years ago. Other than that great set of wheels.

Standard drive. I tried an automatic and wasn't happy at all.

Wish more trucks where made like the one I own.

I love this truck
By Zack

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love this truck. I have a small lawn service and this truck has never had a problem with my trailer, or any thing else, even with a load of mulch at the same time. The only problem I have had with the truck is since I am the second owner of the truck and the first was my grandfather and it was never really used in 4 wheel drive and we had to replace almost the entire system (costly)

Styling and power available.

Make the four wheel drive manual locking and get rid of the push button stuff

Dependable
By Virginian

2000 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought the truck with 5K miles on it from a young couple having their first baby. I have almost 140K on it and it has been the most depenable daily driver I have owned. I knew about the potential ball joint problems and had grease inserts put in. I replaced the shocks at 50K,not because they were bad. Light trucks tend to fish tail over gravel and wash boards and I wanted better stability. I had the rotors turned and new pads put on at 75K, and the lower balls joints replaced at 135K. At 104K I changed the plugs, plug wires, flushed the radiator, replaced the lube in the transmission and rear end. Other than normal maintenance nothing else has failed. Oh, I replaced the battery.

Reliability/dependability. I have driven it on several 16-18 hour trips and was comfortable the whole trip. I get 25 mpg commuting and 30 mpg on the long trips. For a truck that I paid $7400 for - it's earned my respect. Try buying something like this at that price today.

The original Uniroyal Tiger Paw tires were horrible with even a slight bit of moisture on the ground. I thought they would never wear out. So, at 60K I replaced them anyway with Yokohamas, and am not at all dissapointed.

Looks cool, but that's about it.
By Scott

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is a cool looking truck because of the big tires and how high it sits. However, I have had this car for about a year and have spent over $5,000 in repairs. The whole front end needed to be replaced, body fell apart rapidly, and truck makes all kinds of funny noises. Truck look very nice when it was purchased, now I am almost embarressed to drive it.

It looks cool because of the tires and how high it sits off the ground.

They already took my suggestion....they stopped making the truck.

2000 ZR2 crumbling away
By MrGNMan

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Purchased new and maintained religiously by dealer and me. All highway mileage with 75000 on original tires. Got brakes had to replace all 4 rotors? Couldn't even cut them once! Dealer replaced intake gasket with a better design from GM. I have to pay! Transmission had corroded sensors and actuaters $1000 just for parts! Last 6 months $3200. in repairs which should not have been necessary! Had an '89 S10 4x4 that had 275k on it and still was running strong when I sold it for a newer, "better" truck. I'm sure that truck is still going strong. The dealer wants to sell me another truck as a solution! Not!

Size of truck was just right for the infrequent times I actually needed to carry something.

When manufacturers find a problem, they should bear the cost of not getting it right the first time and not dump the burden on loyal customers! It's just not right!