Used 2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Great Buy
By Big Phil

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck is a great buy. I have 104,000 miles on my truck and haven't had a single problem. It isn't a flashy truck but it is worth every dollar.

Favorite Features

This truck looks nice and reliable. I can go out everyday and not have to worry about it starting or not. The inside is contured for the driver and great to drive.

Suggested Improvements

the truck is perfect for the price and any improvement will drive the cost up and won't be worth it.

S10 Mean machine
By billsfan90294

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is a great truck. Has so mucn power and is very dependable. 4.3 L is the best enginee GM has ever put out. Tows trailers with ease and has great traction in the snow.

2000 S10
By DOOWRAH

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have only owned this truck for about three months. The truck had 44000 miles when I bought it and I have had to replace many "expensive" parts. Guess GM doesnt build to last. Also the real kicker is this truck has the 4L60E automatic transmission which is total JUNK! It needs to be rebuilt and after doing research on this trans I find that GM has known abouth this problem since 1996 but has failed to improve the design if this trans. So at or about 40000 to 60000 miles you can plan on rebuilding this junk transmission. Guess I would be happier if I didn't have to look forward to paying 1800.00 for a trans rebulid. Start saveing OR BUY A STICK SHIFT.

Favorite Features

INTERIOR APOINTMENTS

Suggested Improvements

STOP USEING THE 4L60E OR FIX THE BUGS.

Eh....
By volcomfreak

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS Xtreme 2dr Regular Cab SB

All in all, I would *not* buy this truck again if I had the chocie. The wheels are DANGEROUS. I've hydroplaned hardcore 2 times already, the second one resulting in the near destruction of my truck and my life. They are constantly requiring my attention with air. The suspension is very fun though, taking curves at 90mph+ totally works with this little truck. The 2.2L in heat is absolutley horrid. The engine will make a thunderous roaring noise when accelerating from a complete stop...the engine sounds like it'll explode sometimes.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive with a lot of looks from the chicks ;)

Suggested Improvements

Standard tires on wet roads are so dangerous I had to trade my car in after the accident because I was so terrified of driving that car again on those tires...

Trustworthy, but...
By Jesus lover

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have had no reliability issues with this little gal. My 4X4 regular cab does the point a to point b shuffle post haste, managingaround 29 mpg on the highway. The catalytic converter or the muffler is making a rattly noisy that makes the truck sound a bit like a disel at certain r.p.m.s. Aslo there was a clang in the driveline that the dealer could never officially fix, however id has been quieted witha drive shaft isolatorand has never caused any drivability issues.

Favorite Features

Smooooooth idling, potent for it's size V6. Cargo beds usability and features. I like this truch alot. Too bad I have to turn it back in for something more family friendly.

Suggested Improvements

FIND MY CLANGY NOISE AND FIX IT.