2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Great Buy
By Big Phil on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck is a great buy. I have 104,000 miles on my truck and haven't had a single problem. It isn't a flashy truck but it is worth every dollar.

S10 Mean machine
By billsfan90294 on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is a great truck. Has so mucn power and is very dependable. 4.3 L is the best enginee GM has ever put out. Tows trailers with ease and has great traction in the snow.

2000 S10
By DOOWRAH on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have only owned this truck for about three months. The truck had 44000 miles when I bought it and I have had to replace many "expensive" parts. Guess GM doesnt build to last. Also the real kicker is this truck has the 4L60E automatic transmission which is total JUNK! It needs to be rebuilt and after doing research on this trans I find that GM has known abouth this problem since 1996 but has failed to improve the design if this trans. So at or about 40000 to 60000 miles you can plan on rebuilding this junk transmission. Guess I would be happier if I didn't have to look forward to paying 1800.00 for a trans rebulid. Start saveing OR BUY A STICK SHIFT.

Eh....
By volcomfreak on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS Xtreme 2dr Regular Cab SB

All in all, I would *not* buy this truck again if I had the chocie. The wheels are DANGEROUS. I've hydroplaned hardcore 2 times already, the second one resulting in the near destruction of my truck and my life. They are constantly requiring my attention with air. The suspension is very fun though, taking curves at 90mph+ totally works with this little truck. The 2.2L in heat is absolutley horrid. The engine will make a thunderous roaring noise when accelerating from a complete stop...the engine sounds like it'll explode sometimes.

Trustworthy, but...
By Jesus lover on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have had no reliability issues with this little gal. My 4X4 regular cab does the point a to point b shuffle post haste, managingaround 29 mpg on the highway. The catalytic converter or the muffler is making a rattly noisy that makes the truck sound a bit like a disel at certain r.p.m.s. Aslo there was a clang in the driveline that the dealer could never officially fix, however id has been quieted witha drive shaft isolatorand has never caused any drivability issues.

Hindsight is 20/20
By Danzjeepn on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Fit and Finish is poor - Rubber seal around windshield flew off, seatbelt gets soaked during rain for some reason (dealer doesnt know either) making the interior have a wonderful aroma, and the rubber pedals keep coming off the clutch and brake. The tires suck and are downright dangerous in the rain, for a 4cyl mpg is terrible, A/C keeps cutting off during the commute, some quirky thing about the 2.2 engine, but it is brutal in the Florida heat.

00' S-10 Review
By Cuevl on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought the Chevy S-10 pickup based on the experiences I have heard from friends and family. It has lived up to it reputiation for being reliable and economical. The 4-cyl engine is not the strongest but very efficient. I don't pull trailers or haul heavy things on a regular basis, it is all light duty work that I have done and the Chevy S-10 has worked out perfectly for the job. I also have taken a few trips and have enjoyed the high mpg. I have not had any problems and plan to have the truck for a while!

2000 s10 review
By mike leach on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

i have had very good luck with this vehicle. There have been no problems with it so far. I am very well pleased.

You Get What You Pay For
By Austinite on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought a 2000 S-10 LS Reg Cab, Short Bed for around $14K. It has the Vortec V6 engine. I couldn't be happier. I've had a couple of rattles here and there but functionally the truck has been great. Would I have been happier with a Toyota, Mazada, etc? Assuming those are better overall trucks, which cost more, probably not. Price was an important issue for me. I would recommend buying an S-10 to a friend.

OK Truck
By TW on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I've had a 2000 4WD S-10 for about 30 months and have no complaints. Got a fairly good deal on it from the local Chevy store. Rides and drives with high degree of comfort and stability. I added shades over the side windows which upped the wind noise considerably. Have gotten over 25 mpg on long highway trips. It has been a good investment so far.