2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Overall a good truck
By Nick on 04/30/08 05:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS Xtreme 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck about a year and a half ago with 100,000k on it but I've owned an S-series vehicle before, so the mileage didn't bother me. I've driven it almost 40,000 miles so far and I really don't have any complaints. I only had to replace the MAF sensor and heater core, and I've done everything from auto-crossing to drag racing with it. I've put it through its paces thousands of times and it hasn't given up on me yet. It is definitely a truck that is decently easy to work on if something goes wrong. I've averaged around 20-21 mpg driving 50% city/highway. It's decent for a v6 truck.

S-10 is an excellent choice for students
By Jonathon Simmons on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS Xtreme 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had my Xtreme S-10 truck for 1about 1 1/2 years now and I have not had any mechanical problems other than normal wear. This truck has been very reliable to me while I was in school and driving a lot of miles. I would not recommend the regular cab truck to someone who is any taller than 6 feet unless you dont mind being a little crammed. This truck is an excellent decision for a student who wants a truck that is reliable, fun to drive, looks awesome, and is relatively inexpensive.

Eh....
By volcomfreak on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS Xtreme 2dr Regular Cab SB

All in all, I would *not* buy this truck again if I had the chocie. The wheels are DANGEROUS. I've hydroplaned hardcore 2 times already, the second one resulting in the near destruction of my truck and my life. They are constantly requiring my attention with air. The suspension is very fun though, taking curves at 90mph+ totally works with this little truck. The 2.2L in heat is absolutley horrid. The engine will make a thunderous roaring noise when accelerating from a complete stop...the engine sounds like it'll explode sometimes.