2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
awesome
By mtzgmoney15 on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Xtreme 2dr Extended Cab SB

It is really nice you should get one if you want a truck it haul's ass

Looks can be deceiving
By fatmawyer on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Xtreme 2dr Extended Cab SB

Looks very sporty at the dealer, but not so on the road. The only possibility for performance is with the v6 setup and the manual transmission. I had the 4 with automatic. 'Xtreme'ly poor performance. The build quality was horrible. The rotors went bad after 20k miles, the transmission needed an overhaul after 30k, and at 56k the truck was having trouble starting. I was very disappointed and after trading in the truck (after ENORMOUS depreciation-over 60% of original value in 2.5 years and 56k miles) and purchasing japanese, I will never buy american again, the quality just doesn't exist.

My Xtreme
By Knowklew on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Xtreme 2dr Extended Cab SB

My Xtreme has been a very fun truck to drive and has a big opening for aftermarket add-ons which i dropped plenty of money into. The ride in my truck is comfortable if you like the sporty bumpy pick up truck style but i didnt buy my Xtreme for the purpose of comfort. The handling on my truck, along with the new tires i installed, allows me to keep up with a lot of more expensive sports cars that. The one downside of my truck is the fuel economy, it sucks literally. I did opt for the V6 and the automatic in my truck and i must say that with a few bolt-ons my truck is a rocket.

perfect
By Ed Mccaffery on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

its awesome