2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Will Not Die
By cole_dizzle on 07/11/11 10:57 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have about 230,000 miles on mine. The transmission is starting to go on it, but it was a great little truck. I bought it for $5500 in 2006, with about 130,000 miles, and have been pretty hard on it since then, with no major repairs. Very pleased.

I must have got a good one
By Colorado ZR2 on 08/30/09 15:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I lucked out and got a good one! The GM shop must have give out bonus checks the morning before this little truck was made. 193,500 miles with no major mechanical problems. Truck does have several small problems but nothing that takes the fun out of driving this "Z". The 4x4 system is great, 5 speed with the ZR2 limited slip, truck will go anywhere in the snow. Interior held up well, seats were covered and look new. No cracks in the dash, all the knobs and buttons still work. The stock rims did break between the lug nuts. I had to sell this truck today because I need more room for a new baby. Wish I could keep it but I bought a new Tundra Crewmax

great but not awesome
By Brian on 06/25/09 18:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought truck new and let me tell you, If you ever owned a Fiero this truck is a Godsend. Yes I have had some problems...driver side seat lever snapped (pot metal design) I have had the ball joints replaced and the fuel relay. also the heater core clogged but I blew it out with some water. the only annoying thing is the abs , which activates in dry weather...pulled the fuse..no abs but who needs abs it is useless anyhow...I think I have had one time this truck didn't start in 10 years..cause of the fuel relay..to me that is a dependable truck..the rest I can deal with.

Like A Crock
By Randy on 04/07/08 06:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have sincerely tried to convince myself to stay with American made vehicles. Sorry Chevy, you are the best thing that has happened to Toyota trucks. I'm done. Before I hit 100k I have gone thru 2 gm fuel pumps, 3 sets of wheel bearings, oil cooling lines, heater core, u-joints at 45k, 2 handles for the 3rd door, seat recliner handles snapped off, headlight mounting assembly cracked, countless rotors, 3 times stranded and towed. Handle for rear slider window broke. Tailgate rusting last year. Interior fit and finish sucks-evrything makes noise. Tranny whine at 90k. 4 wheel drive has been reliable and works flawlessly. Motor is powerful.

looks good but falls apart
By johnson on 01/26/08 13:17 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

it started out great and offroad capability is great... started to fall apart about a month after having it. had about 7000 dollars in repairs including a new engine, rear end, seals, bearings, water pump, alternator, cooler lines, oil pump lines, O2 sensor, and had a bad moisture problem that leaked water into the passenger floor mats... had lots of problems with the third door... vacuum pump went out twice.. would never get one again and couldn't wait to get rid of it!

Looks cool, but that's about it.
By Scott on 05/21/07 08:07 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is a cool looking truck because of the big tires and how high it sits. However, I have had this car for about a year and have spent over $5,000 in repairs. The whole front end needed to be replaced, body fell apart rapidly, and truck makes all kinds of funny noises. Truck look very nice when it was purchased, now I am almost embarressed to drive it.

2000 ZR2 crumbling away
By MrGNMan on 01/02/07 09:05 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Purchased new and maintained religiously by dealer and me. All highway mileage with 75000 on original tires. Got brakes had to replace all 4 rotors? Couldn't even cut them once! Dealer replaced intake gasket with a better design from GM. I have to pay! Transmission had corroded sensors and actuaters $1000 just for parts! Last 6 months $3200. in repairs which should not have been necessary! Had an '89 S10 4x4 that had 275k on it and still was running strong when I sold it for a newer, "better" truck. I'm sure that truck is still going strong. The dealer wants to sell me another truck as a solution! Not!

2000 Zr2 2000 Problems
By 2000zr2 2000problems on 06/07/06 10:38 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

So much for built like a rock. This truck has been nothing but problems. The front end suspension can not handle the 31 inch tires. Spending 200- 300 bucks just to pass a sticker every year is stupid. Weak Transmision. Starting to slip at 80,000. Interior rattles like it is going to fall apart. Bad third door hinge design. I have had it fixed 3 times at a dealer and it still rattles a month later. I love the push 4x4 controls. Body Control Mod. went, 700 bucks fixed that problem. Great exterior looks. Paint chips easy. Gas gauge stoped at 65,000.

ZR2 upkeep disappointing
By turbo7106 on 02/25/05 13:30 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this truck with only 9,000k when one yr old. To date have had following problems: 10k drivers wiper stopped moving,tighten nut. 12k ignition module replaced as truck would not start at times. Throttle body sticking, cleaned twice. Leaks in Oil cooler lines and Pwr Steering pump line. $1,000 repair for the leaks. Should have bought the extended warranty. Not happy with repairs I have had to do. Loved GM all my life, not sure if I will buy another GM product.

good trucks
By scrap-iron on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

i have had 7 s-10 trucks they have all been good trucks