Used 2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Good Truck
By black s10

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my s10 with 94k. after i bought it the alternator went out. i replaced front pads, rotors, and wheel bearings at 100k. new tires and front ball joints followed at 130k. i've replaced the fuel pump twice. the truck now has 160k with no signs of stopping. its a dependable truck. parts can be pricey but with proper care, the truck will last as long as you want it to. gas mileage is great, its under powered with the 4cyl, but id prefer the gas mileage over the acceleration. if planning on lowering it like i did, be prepared for suspension components to fail.

styling, gas mileage, enormous selection of aftermarket styling options.

increase the 4 cylinder horsepower. its a straight slug from the start.

Not overly impressed
By Stevie-P

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck to replace an aging Lumina 18 months ago. In that time I've put 33K on it, with little problem. Replaced a throttle position sensor around 70K miles ($145). However, replacing a fuel pump is NOT cheap. The pump itself is $530, not to mention the premium price that GM dealerships garner.

Generally good fuel economy. Sound system and comfort controls are easy to grasp and use.

I hope the new Colorado 4cyl improves the power that this 2.2L lacks.

2000 S10
By DOOWRAH

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have only owned this truck for about three months. The truck had 44000 miles when I bought it and I have had to replace many "expensive" parts. Guess GM doesnt build to last. Also the real kicker is this truck has the 4L60E automatic transmission which is total JUNK! It needs to be rebuilt and after doing research on this trans I find that GM has known abouth this problem since 1996 but has failed to improve the design if this trans. So at or about 40000 to 60000 miles you can plan on rebuilding this junk transmission. Guess I would be happier if I didn't have to look forward to paying 1800.00 for a trans rebulid. Start saveing OR BUY A STICK SHIFT.

INTERIOR APOINTMENTS

STOP USEING THE 4L60E OR FIX THE BUGS.

00' S-10 Review
By Cuevl

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought the Chevy S-10 pickup based on the experiences I have heard from friends and family. It has lived up to it reputiation for being reliable and economical. The 4-cyl engine is not the strongest but very efficient. I don't pull trailers or haul heavy things on a regular basis, it is all light duty work that I have done and the Chevy S-10 has worked out perfectly for the job. I also have taken a few trips and have enjoyed the high mpg. I have not had any problems and plan to have the truck for a while!

The daytime running lights are a great help along with the sesor that turns on the headlights automaticaly. I also enjoy the stereo staying on while i am still in the cab, while the key is out. The volume going up while going faster is well appreciated in the long run!

A few squeeks here and there in the interior, can't figure them out?? Looking forward to the new model, but I hope it also has the small pickup qualities such as the current s-10 like, high mpg.

2000 s10 review
By mike leach

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

i have had very good luck with this vehicle. There have been no problems with it so far. I am very well pleased.

The design of the interior and cd player quality are my favorite features.

I can think of no needed improvements.