2000 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Good Truck
By black s10 on 09/14/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my s10 with 94k. after i bought it the alternator went out. i replaced front pads, rotors, and wheel bearings at 100k. new tires and front ball joints followed at 130k. i've replaced the fuel pump twice. the truck now has 160k with no signs of stopping. its a dependable truck. parts can be pricey but with proper care, the truck will last as long as you want it to. gas mileage is great, its under powered with the 4cyl, but id prefer the gas mileage over the acceleration. if planning on lowering it like i did, be prepared for suspension components to fail.

Not overly impressed
By Stevie-P on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck to replace an aging Lumina 18 months ago. In that time I've put 33K on it, with little problem. Replaced a throttle position sensor around 70K miles ($145). However, replacing a fuel pump is NOT cheap. The pump itself is $530, not to mention the premium price that GM dealerships garner.

2000 S10
By DOOWRAH on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have only owned this truck for about three months. The truck had 44000 miles when I bought it and I have had to replace many "expensive" parts. Guess GM doesnt build to last. Also the real kicker is this truck has the 4L60E automatic transmission which is total JUNK! It needs to be rebuilt and after doing research on this trans I find that GM has known abouth this problem since 1996 but has failed to improve the design if this trans. So at or about 40000 to 60000 miles you can plan on rebuilding this junk transmission. Guess I would be happier if I didn't have to look forward to paying 1800.00 for a trans rebulid. Start saveing OR BUY A STICK SHIFT.

00' S-10 Review
By Cuevl on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought the Chevy S-10 pickup based on the experiences I have heard from friends and family. It has lived up to it reputiation for being reliable and economical. The 4-cyl engine is not the strongest but very efficient. I don't pull trailers or haul heavy things on a regular basis, it is all light duty work that I have done and the Chevy S-10 has worked out perfectly for the job. I also have taken a few trips and have enjoyed the high mpg. I have not had any problems and plan to have the truck for a while!

2000 s10 review
By mike leach on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

i have had very good luck with this vehicle. There have been no problems with it so far. I am very well pleased.

You Get What You Pay For
By Austinite on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought a 2000 S-10 LS Reg Cab, Short Bed for around $14K. It has the Vortec V6 engine. I couldn't be happier. I've had a couple of rattles here and there but functionally the truck has been great. Would I have been happier with a Toyota, Mazada, etc? Assuming those are better overall trucks, which cost more, probably not. Price was an important issue for me. I would recommend buying an S-10 to a friend.

Nothing special-
By sledheadRX1 on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

The acceleration really blows with a 2.2 liter engine. Even with the 5 sp. I am having a hard time pulling a 1500 lb. trailer. Suspension sucked so bad that I had to put on air ride shocks. The interior is very comfortable and the truck rides more like a car than a true truck. Fuel economy should be better than the 20 mpg I am getting. A/C really bogs down the acceleration. Had to spend 3K bucks in extras to get the truck to meet my expectations.

Someone please buy this vehicle
By Ex bow tie boy on 03/03/02 13:39 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

The tires need constant attention; I am always having to put air in them. Acceleration is bad, handling is bad, and even though I purchased the vehicle for a $1000 under invoice, I am still upside down on trade in value. Basic transportation at best. I just bought my wife a Honda Accord and it is like going from the space shuttle to a horse and buggy. This may be my last Chevy.