Used 2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Wide Stance Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet S-10

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Will Not Die
By cole_dizzle

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have about 230,000 miles on mine.
The transmission is starting to go on it, but it was a great little truck.
I bought it for $5500 in 2006, with about 130,000 miles, and have been pretty hard on it since then, with no major repairs. Very pleased.

Decent engine, fairly powerful, Smooth ride.

Highway mpg is closer to 20 with the V6, could be better. Horrible in snow or ice, but most trucks are without some extra weight in the bed, interior is a little cheap.

I must have got a good one
By Colorado ZR2

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I lucked out and got a good one! The GM shop must have give out bonus checks the morning before this little truck was made. 193,500 miles with no major mechanical problems. Truck does have several small problems but nothing that takes the fun out of driving this "Z". The 4x4 system is great, 5 speed with the ZR2 limited slip, truck will go anywhere in the snow. Interior held up well, seats were covered and look new. No cracks in the dash, all the knobs and buttons still work. The stock rims did break between the lug nuts. I had to sell this truck today because I need more room for a new baby. Wish I could keep it but I bought a new Tundra Crewmax

ZR2 package Dash Torque! 4x4 low easy to drive and Fun to drive. Will go anywhere, I beat the snot out of this truck and it held up thanks to my aggressive maintenance routine.

GM no longer makes S10's so recalls and warranty issues will be on your dime. Don't buy one, there are LOTS of problems with the S10. Go with a Tacoma TRD if you want a midsize off road truck you will save $$ in the long run. Check the S10 online forums before you buy. I lucked out with mine.

great but not awesome
By Brian

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought truck new and let me tell you, If you ever owned a Fiero this truck is a Godsend. Yes I have had some problems...driver side seat lever snapped (pot metal design) I have had the ball joints replaced and the fuel relay. also the heater core clogged but I blew it out with some water. the only annoying thing is the abs , which activates in dry weather...pulled the fuse..no abs but who needs abs it is useless anyhow...I think I have had one time this truck didn't start in 10 years..cause of the fuel relay..to me that is a dependable truck..the rest I can deal with.

Not getting stuck in the snow, not many major problems, starting every day for 10 years.

stop using cheap metal . my third door is starting to rust out and the seat handle broke off. need to fix that abs issue or do away with abs altogether. one last little thing..no after market speakers fit into the dash according to crutchfield..

Like A Crock
By Randy

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have sincerely tried to convince myself to stay with American made vehicles. Sorry Chevy, you are the best thing that has happened to Toyota trucks. I'm done. Before I hit 100k I have gone thru 2 gm fuel pumps, 3 sets of wheel bearings, oil cooling lines, heater core, u-joints at 45k, 2 handles for the 3rd door, seat recliner handles snapped off, headlight mounting assembly cracked, countless rotors, 3 times stranded and towed. Handle for rear slider window broke. Tailgate rusting last year. Interior fit and finish sucks-evrything makes noise. Tranny whine at 90k. 4 wheel drive has been reliable and works flawlessly. Motor is powerful.

Push-button 4-wheel drive.

Start over!!

looks good but falls apart
By johnson

2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

it started out great and offroad capability is great... started to fall apart about a month after having it. had about 7000 dollars in repairs including a new engine, rear end, seals, bearings, water pump, alternator, cooler lines, oil pump lines, O2 sensor, and had a bad moisture problem that leaked water into the passenger floor mats... had lots of problems with the third door... vacuum pump went out twice.. would never get one again and couldn't wait to get rid of it!

sits high, big wheels, good fourwheeling capability, good amount of power

too many to name