1999 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Review: Will Never Get Another Chevy

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Will Never Get Another Chevy
By Michael on

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

My favorite thing about this truck was selling it! It was a "nice" looking truck, but every time I took it in for a relatively simple thing, several other problems would always emerge. Truck was always well taken care of. At 80000, I had to replace the starter. The seat lever handles had broken off (common), and the center console was smashed in. At about 90,000 miles, I had to take it in to get the transmission rebuilt. At 100,000 miles, it needed new a new idler arm on the drivers side and a set of new shocks. At 110,000, had to replace rear shocks again, replace cross link, and valve cover. The truck got poor mileage and was totally GUTLESS! Low horsepower. Happy to sell is last week!!

OK looking body and I liked the grab handle on the dash on the passengers side. Electronically reliable. I also liked the option to be able to disengage the passenger airbag.

GM needs to get the act together! Fix the common valve cover issue and the weak seat lever handles. Do whatever Toyota seems to be doing....