1999 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Fun little truck
By Z Man on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS Wide Stance 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Great winter and summer truck fuel mileage is decent, great trade off for the power and take off overall awesome truck!

A nice truck for the money
By e8retired91 on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS Xtreme 2dr Extended Cab SB

I owned this truck for 35 months and never had a mechanical problem, rattle, or anything...period. It looks sharp and gets considerable attention from young folks. However, because the suspension is lowered 2 inches from the factory and comes with wide (235) tire it does ride rough even for a truck. The 4.3L, 180HP V-6 has a fair amount of power but it's not a drag racer; it's more like a boulevard cruiser. The extended cab is a nice feature with the 3rd door, but don't expect anybody to sit back there for very long...just use it to stow your stuff. This truck doesn't pretend to be anything but a minimal factory custom and I enjoyed it for a few years.

Not Great
By 400Degreez on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS Xtreme 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I have a 1999 Chevrolet S/10 Sport...I think the looks are nice..but mine is falling apart..like the others said, the seat lever broke with so little force..and I have had sum problems with the engine.

Great Truck
By cbb8490 on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought by S-10 new and have put 90,000 miles on it in 3 years.I have put this truck through some hard driving and have had no problems at all. With the 2.2L I obvioulsly don't have the power but I knew that before I bought the truck. The only problem I have had is the reclining lever has broke on both seats but that seems to be the case with most reviews, I agree this should be a recall and GM should replace the contraption all together. But an overall great ride and dependable. The is my 2nd S-10 I also had a '97 that I put 60,000 miles on. I would not hesitate to buy another. But I think I will go with the 4.3L next time.

S-10 Extreme
By Zelmo on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS Xtreme 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

The S-10 extreme has been an exceptional vehicle for it's price range. I have put 34000 miles on it since buying it used in 2000. It has only had to have new front brake pads and noting else other than oil changes and filters. It is loaded with accessories and has been great for the price range it is in. It looks great and the interior has held up well. The only problem at all with the vehicle is that it has a 4 cyl. motor that is some what under powered for all the othe features of the vehicle.

1999 S-10 ZR-2 5-Speed
By Very Pleased on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Best vehicle I've ever owned. Zero defects from the factory and a grand total of ONE in three years. I liked it so much I bought a ZR-2 Blazer for my girlfriend.

Not Much Trouble
By fabiant on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I had very little trouble with this vehicle. I have had it for three years and the only thing I can honestly say that I didn't like was that the seat lever for moving the seats forward and back broke several times with minimal force on them. Once while under warrenty and both sides broke after warrenty period. They make them out of pot metal and that stuff is worthless!! I think the levers should have been a recall item!

S10 Xtreme - Extremly frustrating
By Delfim on 03/17/02 17:30 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS Xtreme 2dr Regular Cab SB

S10 Xtreme has the worst quality I have ever seen on a car. A mosquito is enough to break the body paiting. The suspension makes noises since first the day I've got the car from the dealer (0 miles).