Used 1999 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

My truck
By Gilgal

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I replaced the rear end twice in the first year I owned it. I have had the have the third door hand replaced and it is broken again. Neither of the seats recline anymore, both handles broke.

To bad they stopped making them.
By VTorres

1999 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I was looking for a basic 4wd compact pickup truck with 36k miles or less with a v6 for under $10k. After 40k miles I have had zero problems with it. I get 19-21 mpg. It uses no oil.

A/C would make it mor enjoyable. Next time it will be an extended cab. I addded a factory CD player and upgraded the speakers.

This one's a keeper
By Jo Momma

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

Im not rich, so I looked for something reasonable. The S-10 has satisfied me in all aspects save for one. Its smooth lines give it a sporty look, and with a few minor engine adjustments give it a rumble and growl that lead many to believe it is a V-8. The black interior glistens in the sun when I give it its weekly Armor All treatment (the only for the interior complaint is that in california heat you need breathable seats. Finally my truck may sound like a V-8 but really it is a V-4, the only thing keeping me here is the fact that it is a stick shift otherwise this vehicle would be way too slow.

been great for me
By mikal2

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I bought this truck new. It fits my needs well. The truck has been back to the dealer twice for minor repairs, one muffler and one hyd.line. It averages 22mpg consistently, and will get 26+ in extended highway driving. I have used Amsoil since the first oil change,and have experienced no oil loss to note. I did have to replace the radio in 2002, when the cd player quit working. The lever for the driver's side seatback broke shortly after purchase, due to poor design, and inferior materials. Overall, I have been satisfied with it.

Better attention to details, such as the seat lever that broke on mine.

S 10 are too avg.
By Saint79

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

The truck is extremely boring! The engine lacked power, the stereo lacked umph, and I just don't like the way the look.

Not Sure