1999 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
S10 - Midsize Dream Truck
By abottorf on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've always wanted a Chevy. I haven't been disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against my Ranger, its a sharp truck. But the S10 is built like a tank but rides like a car. I love it!

This Ain't Like The Old S-10's
By MGDguy on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've have owned a '89 S-10 Reg Cab 4cyl/5spd, a '91 S-10 Reg Cab 4cyl/5spd, and now a '99 S-10 Ext Cab 6cyl/5spd, and by far I liked the two older ones the best. The '99 I've owned for only 9 months and I already want to get rid of it. Sqeaks and rattles while driving down the street, not to mention the automatic headlights, the radio that stays on after the ignition is turned off, and the interior light that comes on after removing the ignition key are too much. Plus the fact that the newer S-10 are cheaply built. This is by far the worst S-10 I've owned. Do yourself a favorite if you want a S-10 buy one that's pre-94.

Best small truck
By DECline on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It was sad to see it go...

good little truck
By g.may on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I HAVE DROVE FORD RANGERS OVER THE PAST 15 YEARS AND THIS TRUCK IS BY FAR THE FASTEST AND BEST RIDING TRUCK I HAVE OWNED.THE 4WD IS GREAT FOR SNOW AND GOOD IN THE MUD.THE STORAGE BEHIND THE SEAT IS GOOD FOR TOOLS AND SMALL ITEMS(NOT FOR ADULTS).GETS AROUND 20MPG AROUND TOWN.

IMPRESSED TOTALLY
By RANCE H. GREGORY on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

THE 1999 CHEVROLET S-10 I HAVE HAD FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS IS A FUN WELL, WELL BUILT AND A GOOD PERFORMER WITH THE 4.3 V6. I STILL ENJOY GETTING IN IT EACH DAY AND DRIVING IT. IT IS THE 1ST NEW VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED THAT I STILL LIKE IT AS MUCH AS WHEN I FIRST PURCHASED IT,

Excellent first 90,000 miles
By dbf1999 on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've had my S10 for 4 years now and have put over 90,000 miles on it. I needed a brake job ($190) at around 70,000 miles...and that's it! It has been very reliable. This truck is perfect for a teenager (I was 17 when I got mine) or someone buying their first vehicle.

S-10
By Jason Lieu on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Ive owned my s-10 for about 7 months and i really enjoy it. I have done a few mods and it really makes me enjoy it alot more. Although with most new vehicles There is to much brakable plastic.Also to do any engine work is really a pain that needs alot of special tools, which gets annoying but after your done it the day is over.

To the Xtreme
By bigjr_fan on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS Xtreme 2dr Regular Cab SB

It took me awhile to find an xtreme in my area with the right color and engine combo (for me: black, 4.3, 5 speed) but once I found it I was very happy with almost every aspect of the truck. I have made several modifications to the engine and interior to boost performance. I would'nt recommend this vehicle for a daily driver, rather a weekend toy.

My 1999 S10
By Dean Maropoulos on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS Xtreme 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this vehicle 0n September 29, 2002 as a used vehicle. I noticed a few drops of oil on the garage floor and first thought it was from the dealer oil change from the filter. But it has persisted and gotten larger. I took it back to the dealer today to see if it is a main seal leak. The truck has just 56,000 miles on it.

Xochitl's Review
By Ofelia Arellano on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

Have been satisfied with performance.