1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
S10 - Midsize Dream Truck
By abottorf on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've always wanted a Chevy. I haven't been disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against my Ranger, its a sharp truck. But the S10 is built like a tank but rides like a car. I love it!

This Ain't Like The Old S-10's
By MGDguy on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've have owned a '89 S-10 Reg Cab 4cyl/5spd, a '91 S-10 Reg Cab 4cyl/5spd, and now a '99 S-10 Ext Cab 6cyl/5spd, and by far I liked the two older ones the best. The '99 I've owned for only 9 months and I already want to get rid of it. Sqeaks and rattles while driving down the street, not to mention the automatic headlights, the radio that stays on after the ignition is turned off, and the interior light that comes on after removing the ignition key are too much. Plus the fact that the newer S-10 are cheaply built. This is by far the worst S-10 I've owned. Do yourself a favorite if you want a S-10 buy one that's pre-94.

This Ain't Like The Old S-10's
By boogerathome on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best small truck
By DECline on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It was sad to see it go...

good little truck
By g.may on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I HAVE DROVE FORD RANGERS OVER THE PAST 15 YEARS AND THIS TRUCK IS BY FAR THE FASTEST AND BEST RIDING TRUCK I HAVE OWNED.THE 4WD IS GREAT FOR SNOW AND GOOD IN THE MUD.THE STORAGE BEHIND THE SEAT IS GOOD FOR TOOLS AND SMALL ITEMS(NOT FOR ADULTS).GETS AROUND 20MPG AROUND TOWN.

S-10
By Jason Lieu on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Ive owned my s-10 for about 7 months and i really enjoy it. I have done a few mods and it really makes me enjoy it alot more. Although with most new vehicles There is to much brakable plastic.Also to do any engine work is really a pain that needs alot of special tools, which gets annoying but after your done it the day is over.

A nice truck for the money
By e8retired91 on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Xtreme 2dr Extended Cab SB

I owned this truck for 35 months and never had a mechanical problem, rattle, or anything...period. It looks sharp and gets considerable attention from young folks. However, because the suspension is lowered 2 inches from the factory and comes with wide (235) tire it does ride rough even for a truck. The 4.3L, 180HP V-6 has a fair amount of power but it's not a drag racer; it's more like a boulevard cruiser. The extended cab is a nice feature with the 3rd door, but don't expect anybody to sit back there for very long...just use it to stow your stuff. This truck doesn't pretend to be anything but a minimal factory custom and I enjoyed it for a few years.

Not Great
By 400Degreez on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Xtreme 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I have a 1999 Chevrolet S/10 Sport...I think the looks are nice..but mine is falling apart..like the others said, the seat lever broke with so little force..and I have had sum problems with the engine.

Great Truck
By cbb8490 on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought by S-10 new and have put 90,000 miles on it in 3 years.I have put this truck through some hard driving and have had no problems at all. With the 2.2L I obvioulsly don't have the power but I knew that before I bought the truck. The only problem I have had is the reclining lever has broke on both seats but that seems to be the case with most reviews, I agree this should be a recall and GM should replace the contraption all together. But an overall great ride and dependable. The is my 2nd S-10 I also had a '97 that I put 60,000 miles on. I would not hesitate to buy another. But I think I will go with the 4.3L next time.

S-10 Extreme
By Zelmo on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Xtreme 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

The S-10 extreme has been an exceptional vehicle for it's price range. I have put 34000 miles on it since buying it used in 2000. It has only had to have new front brake pads and noting else other than oil changes and filters. It is loaded with accessories and has been great for the price range it is in. It looks great and the interior has held up well. The only problem at all with the vehicle is that it has a 4 cyl. motor that is some what under powered for all the othe features of the vehicle.