1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Favorite truck
By uncle dave on 06/08/10 16:50 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought with 89k miles on it. Now pushing 128. Only problems other than general maint. were universal joint at 110k and tps at 127k.Have had more people comment on this truck than my BMW.With 4 cyl. it's no hot rod, but it gets me to work every day without fail and averages 21-22 mpg around town. Will drive it till it dies or I do.

4th S-10
By Dale on 06/04/10 18:50 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Great truck, no complaints, no break downs, this truck had over 270,000 highway miles and nothing other than tires, brakes shoes, and fluids replaced. sporty look, and great color code for 99.

Little truck that could
By Ridinforever on 05/29/10 19:41 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have abused this truck with off-roading, burnouts and aggressive street use, hauling up to 1700 lbs and towing 5000 lb trailers. I have 165k and stills runs the same as when I got it. I only changed out the seats cause those were the worst things that came with the truck. I am glad I bought this truck.

Will Never Get Another Chevy
By Michael on 12/13/09 00:24 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

My favorite thing about this truck was selling it! It was a "nice" looking truck, but every time I took it in for a relatively simple thing, several other problems would always emerge. Truck was always well taken care of. At 80000, I had to replace the starter. The seat lever handles had broken off (common), and the center console was smashed in. At about 90,000 miles, I had to take it in to get the transmission rebuilt. At 100,000 miles, it needed new a new idler arm on the drivers side and a set of new shocks. At 110,000, had to replace rear shocks again, replace cross link, and valve cover. The truck got poor mileage and was totally GUTLESS! Low horsepower. Happy to sell is last week!!

Glad I have another truck that runs
By j willey on 08/31/06 18:45 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

With less than 100,000 miles and already on its second motor and needing a transmission, I am very dissapointed with the quality of this truck. The mechanicals are poor, the ride is not bad, the interior falls apart and has more rattles than a box of nails. I am afraid to put the windows down after having them work going down every time but a guessing game when going back up.

S 10 are too avg.
By Saint79 on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

The truck is extremely boring! The engine lacked power, the stereo lacked umph, and I just don't like the way the look.

I LOVE my Truck!
By malinche on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought it based on the 3rd door and the color (indigo blue)--yeah, it is a "girl" thing, but I am from a true Chevy family (5 Chevy cars, truck, SUV's from the same dealer) and my getting it was no-brainer. I live in the Bay Area and the V6 has served me well go up and down hills. I drive A LOT to SoCal and it is a comfortable drive. I've have had no maintenance problems other then normal wear and tear. I will buy another truck.

Extreme!
By 2Extremeforu on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Xtreme 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I love my truck 99 Chevy s-10 pickup extreme extended cab stepside If anyone is looking for a truck and still wants something sporty this is the truck for u!

S10
By KRC on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

The interior seat adjustment levers both broke with normal use. Other than that built well and very reliable.

Best vehicle I've ever owned
By Great Truck on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great looking and performing vehicle. I get a lot of compliments on its looks and also on its offroad abilities. No mechanical problems of any kind. No squeaks or rattles - tows and hauls everything I've thrown at it.