1999 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
2 cents worth
By BriD on 03/15/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS Xtreme 2dr Regular Cab SB

Five yrs owned, have been super pleased with reliability and comfort. Well over 100k now and only cat cvtr. and TPS sensor replaced. Gets 19/26 real-world mpg. 4cyl gets you up to speed if you rev it high enough. Would definitely look for V6 if you plan any hauling or commute using freeways. Ride is rough with ZQ8 suspension and doesn't really give you above and beyond cornering abilities. Softer shocks help if you don't mind the more freqent bottom outs. Cabin:spacious. I'm well over 6ft/200# with plenty of headroom and side room. Ergonomics good. Minor knock: spark plug wires a headache to change. Overall:Unique look, sharp but basic truck with outside speedy look.

To the Xtreme
By bigjr_fan on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS Xtreme 2dr Regular Cab SB

It took me awhile to find an xtreme in my area with the right color and engine combo (for me: black, 4.3, 5 speed) but once I found it I was very happy with almost every aspect of the truck. I have made several modifications to the engine and interior to boost performance. I would'nt recommend this vehicle for a daily driver, rather a weekend toy.

My 1999 S10
By Dean Maropoulos on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS Xtreme 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this vehicle 0n September 29, 2002 as a used vehicle. I noticed a few drops of oil on the garage floor and first thought it was from the dealer oil change from the filter. But it has persisted and gotten larger. I took it back to the dealer today to see if it is a main seal leak. The truck has just 56,000 miles on it.

S10 Xtreme - Extremly frustrating
By Delfim on 03/17/02 17:30 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS Xtreme 2dr Regular Cab SB

S10 Xtreme has the worst quality I have ever seen on a car. A mosquito is enough to break the body paiting. The suspension makes noises since first the day I've got the car from the dealer (0 miles).