1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Its a good buy
By Nick Atyia on 03/22/05 15:13 PM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I feel like it meets all my needs. I dont drive to far places and I dont take lots of people around town with me. It runs good, not fast, but good. it is comfortable and sporty. I like it.

Great value for a used truck
By Thekid on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this S-10 with the 2.2L/5 Speed - yet otherwise it's loaded even to having the premium CD player audio. The 4 Cyl is okay power-wise once you realize it comes alive up in the rev band when you need to accelerate. The A/C all but kills the poor engine however - but it does blow ice cubes. There is enough room for my 6'1" self - the bonus of the lower seating. For me, of course the seat is jammed fully back without the luxury of reclining - so I don't use those break-prone parts... of course my lumbar support is long gone. The seats are too hard. The wiper control issue is a major safety problem! Positives are great economy and solid body at 100K+

Those wires drove me crazy!
By Economy Engineer on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

The high-energy ignition module kills a set of wires every 25K miles.Until you recognize that, it will make you insecure. As soon as you feel that first stutter, probably on a wet day, change them immediately. When it's got good wires, it runs like a champ. 103K so far, still getting 28MPG on a commute, I've had as high as 35 MPG on a trip w/ 5 speed, 4 cyl.

Hmmmmmm.....
By Matt R on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Well, I can't say I havent been totally dispointed.. But, I have owned this truck since it was brand new. I had to replace the transmission at 35,000 miles (which sucks). My wiper blades went out and than broke. But, other than that this truck has never has left be stuck somewhere. It's gets okay gas mileage. The performance sucks, it doesnt have a lot of pick up, but that is probably because I have an auto.

Nice Little Truck
By snorenore on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought my truck 2 years ago, I have the 4cyl 5 speed. Has been a great truck for me, most of all because of the great fuel economy. Has some minor things that don't cause any problems, they are just annoying. Like many other S-10 owners I know the SES light is on. Have taken it in twice and they can't seem to find out what it is. It shifts nice except downshifting into third, that can be a little tricky. 80,000 miles and still going strong.

just okay
By done with GM on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

It runs most of the time the mileage isn't bad and it's appearance is acceptable. I feel the performance is poor even for a 4 cylinder. I have had problems with the plug wires when it is raining and the wires get wet. It refuses to start if the temp. is below 10 degrees. The wipers only work sometimes. The lumbar support broke the day I bought it and of course the seat adjustment handle broke shortly thereafter. I don't think I'll buy GM again mostly due to GM's fairly consistent failure to acknowledge common design flaws and fix them at a resonable cost to the consumer.

perfect
By Greendayhbt26 on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

i have the 4 cyl with the 5 speed tranny, and all i got to say is it has incredable gas milage and pretty good acclerartion/power. the only problems i have had so far were that my wiper module had to be replaced which wasnt big, and just tonight i found out both my back up lamps arent working. other then that its been great. i bought it with about 33,000 miles on it and it looked new. everytime i change my oil, it looks like its just been changed, ver clean engine. so far the paint is great, very few scratches for being 5 years old, and the only rust is on the undercarrage.

Rock solid
By Cabron2891 on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have owned this truck for almost 3 years. I've owned fords and dodges, and neither one has come close to being as reliable as my chevy. Where I'm from, I see alot more S-10's than fords and dodges combined.

s-10
By the pimp on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

extreamly nice good well rounded

I'm dissapointed !
By Ray Parker on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've always had problems with the side seat handles that allow the seat to be reclined. They have been replaced three times and still don't work. The passenger compartment is much too small. The cheap plastic that GM uses for the interior is awful. The transmission was overhauled at 40000 miles. But I had to complain for two years that it was continually slipping before they fixed it under the extended warranty. It worked fine for about a year but started slipping again. I took the S-10 in before the extended warranty had expired and had it checked. They did nothing. Now that my warranty has expired, they want $2000 to repair it. Brakes are weak.