1998 S10 ZR2 Ext Cab
By Bigstik on
1998 Chevrolet S-10 ZR2 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
An extremely reliable vehicle from the day I drove it of the lot. Very limited repairs needed over the 5.5 years I have owned it. Ask your mechanic about these 4.3 liter Vortec V6 engines, he'll tell you that they are built for the long haul. I tow my 19' Sea Ray, haul mulch, furniture, and anything else that will fit in the bed, and racked up about 60,000 miles the first 2 years working the MD/VA territory - all highway, and I don't baby this truck. It still runs like the day I drove it off the lot.
Favorite Features
Headlight sensor turns lights on automatically. SCV setting on the radio automatically adjusts the volume to compensate for road noise. Push button 4WD, couldn't be any easier to switch back and forth. Good power for a small truck and built very solid.
Suggested Improvements
I know we're talking 4WD, but I'd like to see gas mileage come up from the 15 mpg it averages. Handles for reclining seats have each stripped out twice. In case of serious medical emergency, I would like to see the governor set higher than 90 mph.