Used 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Base Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Best Truck in the World
By ehzzie

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This vehicle was truly a gem. I have driven it to the east coast and to the west coast and pretty much everywhere inbetween. Never had any huge problems until it got to be over 200,000 miles. Then it started nickel and diming me. I have nothing but good to say about this vehicle. If they still made them I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Good on gas mileage, fun, reliable.

The handles on the sides that let you lean the seat forward did fall off after about 135,000 miles or so

Great buy
By darko789

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have put 120000 miles on since I bought it. Has yet to let me down. 4.3 has all the power I will ever need. Gets decent mpgs. It has been a great truck for me.

Location of everything. Great user controls.

Seat ajusment levers.

Those wires drove me crazy!
By Economy Engineer

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

The high-energy ignition module kills a set of wires every 25K miles.Until you recognize that, it will make you insecure. As soon as you feel that first stutter, probably on a wet day, change them immediately. When it's got good wires, it runs like a champ. 103K so far, still getting 28MPG on a commute, I've had as high as 35 MPG on a trip w/ 5 speed, 4 cyl.

Auto headlight sensor.

Identify the need for high-energy wires, standard wires can breakdown in 5K miles.Eliminate body tilt.

Hmmmmmm.....
By Matt R

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Well, I can't say I havent been totally dispointed.. But, I have owned this truck since it was brand new. I had to replace the transmission at 35,000 miles (which sucks). My wiper blades went out and than broke. But, other than that this truck has never has left be stuck somewhere. It's gets okay gas mileage. The performance sucks, it doesnt have a lot of pick up, but that is probably because I have an auto.

The interior is very nice for a Compact truck

Learn how to build transmissions and add some horsepower to the little V4......

perfect
By Greendayhbt26

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

i have the 4 cyl with the 5 speed tranny, and all i got to say is it has incredable gas milage and pretty good acclerartion/power. the only problems i have had so far were that my wiper module had to be replaced which wasnt big, and just tonight i found out both my back up lamps arent working. other then that its been great. i bought it with about 33,000 miles on it and it looked new. everytime i change my oil, it looks like its just been changed, ver clean engine. so far the paint is great, very few scratches for being 5 years old, and the only rust is on the undercarrage.

everything, great interior layout

adjustable height seats, bigger stock tires, higher ride