1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Best Truck in the World
By ehzzie on 02/07/12 15:16 PM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This vehicle was truly a gem. I have driven it to the east coast and to the west coast and pretty much everywhere inbetween. Never had any huge problems until it got to be over 200,000 miles. Then it started nickel and diming me. I have nothing but good to say about this vehicle. If they still made them I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Great buy
By darko789 on 03/18/08 05:15 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have put 120000 miles on since I bought it. Has yet to let me down. 4.3 has all the power I will ever need. Gets decent mpgs. It has been a great truck for me.

Those wires drove me crazy!
By Economy Engineer on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

The high-energy ignition module kills a set of wires every 25K miles.Until you recognize that, it will make you insecure. As soon as you feel that first stutter, probably on a wet day, change them immediately. When it's got good wires, it runs like a champ. 103K so far, still getting 28MPG on a commute, I've had as high as 35 MPG on a trip w/ 5 speed, 4 cyl.

Hmmmmmm.....
By Matt R on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Well, I can't say I havent been totally dispointed.. But, I have owned this truck since it was brand new. I had to replace the transmission at 35,000 miles (which sucks). My wiper blades went out and than broke. But, other than that this truck has never has left be stuck somewhere. It's gets okay gas mileage. The performance sucks, it doesnt have a lot of pick up, but that is probably because I have an auto.

perfect
By Greendayhbt26 on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

i have the 4 cyl with the 5 speed tranny, and all i got to say is it has incredable gas milage and pretty good acclerartion/power. the only problems i have had so far were that my wiper module had to be replaced which wasnt big, and just tonight i found out both my back up lamps arent working. other then that its been great. i bought it with about 33,000 miles on it and it looked new. everytime i change my oil, it looks like its just been changed, ver clean engine. so far the paint is great, very few scratches for being 5 years old, and the only rust is on the undercarrage.

Rock solid
By Cabron2891 on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have owned this truck for almost 3 years. I've owned fords and dodges, and neither one has come close to being as reliable as my chevy. Where I'm from, I see alot more S-10's than fords and dodges combined.

s-10
By the pimp on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

extreamly nice good well rounded

I'm dissapointed !
By Ray Parker on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've always had problems with the side seat handles that allow the seat to be reclined. They have been replaced three times and still don't work. The passenger compartment is much too small. The cheap plastic that GM uses for the interior is awful. The transmission was overhauled at 40000 miles. But I had to complain for two years that it was continually slipping before they fixed it under the extended warranty. It worked fine for about a year but started slipping again. I took the S-10 in before the extended warranty had expired and had it checked. They did nothing. Now that my warranty has expired, they want $2000 to repair it. Brakes are weak.

Won't do it again
By sabdsbu on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Over all I like the truck it is just little problems that have irritated me. Broken reline handle on driver seat, broken lumbar support cable. Paint chipping off behind tires and I don't drive dirt roads, Rattles inside, doors leak water in a good rain storm, wind whistles. Also starting to find gasket problems, what is next??

i love my truck
By chevylove_s_10 on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

for a compact pick up w\4 cyliders this thing rocks. i cant find anther truck that i would rather drive.with the chevy 4.3l or a 350 (fun to install) this truck is a force to be reckond with.