1997 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Review: Why Chevy lost me as a custome

1997 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Review

Why Chevy lost me as a customer
By Pete792 on

1997 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I bought a '97 S-10 brand new, at the end of '96. It was a great looking truck, and appeared to be a decent vehicle when I test drove it. Little did I know what a lemon this piece of junk would turn out to be! Until I bought this truck I was a Chevy fan. But it didn't take long before I felt like they had taken advantage of me. I read many of the reviews, and was amazed I had identical problems with my S-10. Like the rear view mirror falling off, and the gas gauge breaking after about 3 years, and the A/C problems. Not to mention the engine repeatedly over heating and eventually burning up and had to be replaced. Pieces continue to fall off and things break regularly. Avoid this lemon!

The body styling is what initial appealed to me. But Chevrolet's engineers obviously designed failure into every other aspect of the vehicle!

Stop making such lousy vehicles! The Japanese have been kicking Chevy's butt for years on quality and reliability and price and even styling!