1997 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews 2

1997 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Pretty Satisfied
By Central VA on 05/19/06 09:45 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought my S10 used 6 years ago, have driven it about 50K miles. Had to replace an alternator, battery and mirror, but otherwise nothing but tires and routine maintenance. Gas mileage isn't very good, but truck is good looking, fun to drive and comfortable. 5 speed and V6 are a good combination. Paid $9000 for it used, according to Edmunds, it's still worth over $4300. Pretty darn good buy as far as I can tell.

Okay Car
By Adam W. on 04/21/06 13:08 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck with 135,000miles on it. About 2000 miles later I needed a new transmission. At 142,000 I needed a new gas line, brake line, and gas tank. I still need to get a O2 sensor, fuel sensor, new shocks, my transmission still isn't that great, and the gas mileage for a 4 cylinder isn't that great. All in all I wish I just bought a nice sedan..

Good so far
By jpearce on 09/17/05 06:27 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Just bought the pickup in sept 2005. It is a black reg cab SB LS/ZR2 model.An excellent, sharp looking truck! I picked it up with only 20,000 miles, being a 1997!! and have put around 600 0n it. So far it is great but the rear wheels' ABS sensor failed and is being replaced on warranty.

Alright car
By Adam on 08/30/05 10:24 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the car with 135k miles on it and within 800 miles I needed a new transmission, but other than that its a good truck to have

Most Reliable Vehicle I Ever Owned
By OregonDan on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

I just read through a few of the S-10 reviews and thought I should add my 2 cents. Purchased the truck for $10K drove it over 100,000 miles and never had any problems except for a burned out fuse ($5) and I replaced myself... and I'm NOT mechanically inclined. I sold the truck in 2001 for $5100 with 110K miles and regret not keeping it longer. Used it for commuting to college and hauling firewood. Great little truck. I may have gotten the 1 out of 1000... but sold the truck to a manager at Pepsi for his daughter and he informed me that Pepsi runs a fleet of lil S-10 trucks and all of them have passed 100K miles+ with little to none problems.

1997 S10 Etx Cab
By Deerehere on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought this truck new 7 years ago. I has been a great running and reliable truck.

My S-10
By papaptl on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

No mechanical trouble in 14 mos. ownership, even though I just turned 151k mi. I just do regular maintenance and put a set of tires on her.

Piece of Junk
By Jhow0672 on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Only 66,000 miles but already had driveshaft fall off, computer died, radiator leak, water pump died, intake manifold leaked, air-conditioning died, windshield wipers had a manufacturing defect that I fixed myself.. generally unreliable truck.

A bit disappointed
By oxguru on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have been rather disappointed in this vehicle, considering my father's 1993 Chevy Silverado is still going strong at over 100K miles. I only have about 66K miles, and have had, in the past three months, to put almost $1500 into this for things that should still be working fine. I have been pretty good about regular maintenance, so I've been pretty annoyed of late. Time to trade in for a (gasp) foreign car make.

little red truck
By bird on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

The truck was not what I wanted. Small, no frills. But when I drove it my mind changed. It's fun to drive around the city, if you like to drive. Oh it's a 5 speed and I use it. Like most things we drive it could use more power, but then again I wouldn't be passing as many gas stations. I plan on keeping it until it or I give out. So far other the regular maintenance it's got all the factory parts except the rear U joint. Great Driver