1997 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Review: 1997 S10 2dr LS Regular Cab

1997 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab - Consumer Review

1997 S10 2dr LS Regular Cab
By Mawarikomi on

1997 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my truck used from a dealer at 44k miles and took it only to 120k before I had enough. Quality was atrocious - interior panels cracked and fell off, mirrors fatigued and broke off. The truck would not start in humid (90%+), cold weather (especially 32-45F), really cold weather was fine. I got a head gasket leak at 80k and had to repair the tranny at about 110k (both those seem normal for the driving I did so not really a gripe). My brake lines blew out despite having been regularly inspected. Here's a positive note, the engine was awesome despite the head gasket and tranny. If the rest of the truck could have kept up with the engine the truck would have been a keeper.

Instrument and panel layout convenient; controls handy. Fluid checks relatively easy.

Make engine compartment less cramped; I had to reach through the wheel well to change plug wires; if manufactured again, improve build quality.