1997 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Big Results from a Little Truck
By Jay on 08/29/09 14:33 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my truck used from a friend who had two trucks. This is a great and dependable truck. I use my truck for work and decided since I was going to school to drive it. I drove from North Carolina to El Paso Texas no issue. The only thing that I did was change the timing belt and started using synthetic oil. Awesome truck!!

Great little truck
By BigRed3195 on 06/16/08 15:37 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Love this truck and I would recommend one to anyone. Chevy made a big mistake when they stopped making them. They are very reliable and are a joy to own and drive. Great on gas too, I'm currently getting 30+ mpg on the highway and 25+ mpg city driving. Great performance for a 4-cylinder truck, even when loaded. Easy to modify to. This S10 is the 2nd one that I've owned for a work truck and I have had 3 others for project trucks/ street machines. Love em.

Most Reliable Vehicle I Ever Owned
By OregonDan on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I just read through a few of the S-10 reviews and thought I should add my 2 cents. Purchased the truck for $10K drove it over 100,000 miles and never had any problems except for a burned out fuse ($5) and I replaced myself... and I'm NOT mechanically inclined. I sold the truck in 2001 for $5100 with 110K miles and regret not keeping it longer. Used it for commuting to college and hauling firewood. Great little truck. I may have gotten the 1 out of 1000... but sold the truck to a manager at Pepsi for his daughter and he informed me that Pepsi runs a fleet of lil S-10 trucks and all of them have passed 100K miles+ with little to none problems.

little red truck
By bird on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

The truck was not what I wanted. Small, no frills. But when I drove it my mind changed. It's fun to drive around the city, if you like to drive. Oh it's a 5 speed and I use it. Like most things we drive it could use more power, but then again I wouldn't be passing as many gas stations. I plan on keeping it until it or I give out. So far other the regular maintenance it's got all the factory parts except the rear U joint. Great Driver

super fun
By mike's'97 on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

this truck us super fun to own service and drive. the cab is a little small for three people but well designed.

Best pick-up I've had in years
By Dave Simon on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is the best pickup I've ever had. I go through everything with it. I go up in the mountains about every month and it's a very smooth ride. I can go anywhere I go camping with the truck also.

Very Reliable & Inexpensive Lil Truck
By Daniel Brown on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I realize that there are better trucks out there, but for the price that I purchase my truck new 5 years ago at $11,000 I have no regrets. My little S-10, stripped w/no original extras, has been a blessing. I have had no problems whatsoever, which is good because I am not mechanically incline, with it and I currently have 110,000 miles on it. The only real drawback is that the 4cyl does not have much power-but hey, I get above 25mpg!