1996 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
2nd S-10
By Dale on 06/04/10 18:44 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

This was my second S-10. Great little truck, interior wasn't as nice as the later models but engine performance was good. No problems with the truck at all. parked the truck because I bought another and decided to do what Chevrolet won't do. I stuff a SBC 427 and Powerglide in it. To hell with fuel mileage, lets have fun, still racing her too

No more S-10
By acmtx on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is my third S-10 and for the most part I've gotten where I needed to go. The 1996 has been one problem after another. In order Brakes, Wiper Motor, Speedometer, A/C, Heater,Intake Leak, Radiator,Transmission and now the Water Pump! Throw in 5 Batteries, 5 Thermostats, Two Radios and a back window. That's my 1996 Chevy S-10. All at 74,554 miles! BuyAYORisk!

Not very reliable
By tdkool on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this basic model (auto trans) two years ago as a utility vehicle and I've put 20k miles on it- still low miles (72k) but I'm starting to see some of the same issues as mentioned in other posts. (tranny, leaky fluids, etc). I don't rely on it further than 50 miles from home. Horrible mileage and no punch at all.

1996 S10 review
By Bill Jones on 03/01/02 15:44 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have driven this 5 speed standard shift vehicle since purchased as new and have had no problems with it. I am only interested in trading to get a automatic shift.