Hunk o' Junk
By rob09 on
1995 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB
I purchased this truck with 6600 miles in 1996. From the moment I drove it off the lot, it has had problems. I have replaced just about everything that can be replaced on it- sometimes more than once. It had 3 recalls in the span of 2 years, mainly minor things. The big problems are what irks me. Since it is no longer under warranty, it is costing me a fortune to keep it running. You fix one thing on it and another problems appears- example: For the third time, I am again having to replace the rear main seal- it was replaced in 1996 and again in 2003. For my first truck, it has left a sour taste. Very disappointed. Next truck will be a Toyota. They can keep the American made junk!
Favorite Features
Not sure I have any at this point.
Suggested Improvements
Tear it apart and start over!
By chevyman87
on 05/07/12 22:16 PM (PDT)

Well, obviously either you put the parts in wrong or you have a crooked mechanic because my s10 and every one else I know who drives one never had much of any problems. As for as buying a Yota I know they have a long engine life span, like my buddy who drives an s10 with 235000 miles on it, look into the recalls they have.