Used 1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Great Truck So Far
By Tony Cross

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I just got this truck and so far so good. When I first got it it was on E and I put $10 in it and it got me almost a half of a tank so I can imagine how much it would be to fill it up. I was shocked because before I had a gas guzzling Dodge Dakota and $10 from E might get you 1/25 of a tank. This S-10 has a smooth idle and runs quiet when driving. This truck is not afraid to get up to speed either. You will be at 70 before you know it. That is when the cruise control come in handy.

Everything because this truck is a big improvement over my money hungry, gas guzzling Dodge I had

High Milage Happiness
By Jeff

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have bought this vehicle before Christmas, because I need a small truck, for projects around the house. I and my family enjoy it very much. I have had trucks in the past as well as some nice SUV's and miss them. It holds up very well, we have crossed rivers and four wheeled in some back wood areas that family owns and never got stuck once. The ride is like a 4wd truck, what do you expect, a G35 coupe? For serious high miles, the engine still has plenty of power, and not as much as expected in the way of leaks, except some one stripped the oil pan plug. Steering needs rebuilt, but I predict to be happy after the small projects are finished. The body is really solid, no rust, bed too.

Solid body, no rust only four small dents. Good views to all areas from in the cab. Strong driveline. Vortex V-6.

Poor mirrors on the doors. Seems almost all break on the vehicles I have seen, apparently a big weakness. Speakers are average low grade OEM.

What a Fun Ride
By Kayle Drucker

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck was my father's truck before I got it at 16 yrs of age. It is a very dependable truck, even with a teenage behind the wheel. have 127,000 miles today. Just have the normal maintenance on the truck. I would recommend this truck to anyone. If you buy this truck get the V6 5 speed manual, that is where the fun comes into play. Hate to sell and will miss my truck but I do require more room to fit more people.

5 speed manual, the acceleration, driving through the desert.

Just having a bit more room in the extended cab but will miss this truck.

I tried to buy American
By j.a. beede

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck with less than 60k miles 3 years ago. Now it has 74k. So far I've replaced 2 O2 sensors, the alternator, the EGR valve, the exhaust system, the spider injector system, the ball jointsand 2 tires. The plastic interior rattles. The bottom of the doors are rusting due to poor drainage. It leaks from the front and rear differentials. It leaks from the power steering. I was hoping to get 100k miles out of it, but who knows what will go wrong next. I wish I would have bought a Japanese truck.

Looks good, rides good

None

Great Truck
By D. Karl

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've always been a truck owner. I've had my S-10 for 10 years. I like the ride... handles well enough, but a pleasant ride. Interior is fine for me; seat color hides dirt. Just an all round nice vehicle. In 10 years and 150,000 miles the only repairs were EGR valve, alternator and wiper hose.

Fun to drive. Fast w/ the 195 hp engine. Has been very reliable for me.

Only changes I would make are to reduce a few interior plastic vibrations and to increase fuel mileage (perhaps shorter gears w/ the limited slip I have).