1995 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Great Truck So Far
By Tony Cross on 03/09/06 20:11 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I just got this truck and so far so good. When I first got it it was on E and I put $10 in it and it got me almost a half of a tank so I can imagine how much it would be to fill it up. I was shocked because before I had a gas guzzling Dodge Dakota and $10 from E might get you 1/25 of a tank. This S-10 has a smooth idle and runs quiet when driving. This truck is not afraid to get up to speed either. You will be at 70 before you know it. That is when the cruise control come in handy.

High Milage Happiness
By Jeff on 01/11/06 23:46 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have bought this vehicle before Christmas, because I need a small truck, for projects around the house. I and my family enjoy it very much. I have had trucks in the past as well as some nice SUV's and miss them. It holds up very well, we have crossed rivers and four wheeled in some back wood areas that family owns and never got stuck once. The ride is like a 4wd truck, what do you expect, a G35 coupe? For serious high miles, the engine still has plenty of power, and not as much as expected in the way of leaks, except some one stripped the oil pan plug. Steering needs rebuilt, but I predict to be happy after the small projects are finished. The body is really solid, no rust, bed too.

Great truck
By hobie237 on 09/14/05 13:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has never given me any problems, other than ones I've caused myself. Towing three times the capacity has cost me 2 transmissions so far. All in all, the truck starts when I want it to and takes whatever I need wherever I need it. I was a Ford guy. This truck made me a Chevy guy.

What a Fun Ride
By Kayle Drucker on 07/10/05 18:28 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck was my father's truck before I got it at 16 yrs of age. It is a very dependable truck, even with a teenage behind the wheel. have 127,000 miles today. Just have the normal maintenance on the truck. I would recommend this truck to anyone. If you buy this truck get the V6 5 speed manual, that is where the fun comes into play. Hate to sell and will miss my truck but I do require more room to fit more people.

I tried to buy American
By j.a. beede on 06/25/05 13:31 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck with less than 60k miles 3 years ago. Now it has 74k. So far I've replaced 2 O2 sensors, the alternator, the EGR valve, the exhaust system, the spider injector system, the ball jointsand 2 tires. The plastic interior rattles. The bottom of the doors are rusting due to poor drainage. It leaks from the front and rear differentials. It leaks from the power steering. I was hoping to get 100k miles out of it, but who knows what will go wrong next. I wish I would have bought a Japanese truck.

Great Truck
By D. Karl on 04/25/05 16:12 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've always been a truck owner. I've had my S-10 for 10 years. I like the ride... handles well enough, but a pleasant ride. Interior is fine for me; seat color hides dirt. Just an all round nice vehicle. In 10 years and 150,000 miles the only repairs were EGR valve, alternator and wiper hose.

yeah S10!
By jaydb28 on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a 1995 S10 vin Z with 159000 miles. I love this truck. It flat out hauls (great for burnouts), and can carry a lot a weight for such small truck. So far had to replace brakes once, rear shocks, alternator, starter, and the catalytic converter, but that is to be expected with such high mileage. Cat-back exhaust and a superchip really improve the power of these things!

My truck and I
By Barry Steevens on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Purchased used with 6000 miles. My S- 10 is a good truck for about town and light work. Runs great on the highway. Rides like a little truck . Is best if one places 100 lbs. in the box. Seat is the weak spot. Not very comfortable. Back relly hurts after a 400 mile trip. Motor has this peculiar vibration and vibrates at the stop light while in drive. Chevy garage in has no idea what the cause is. Drove it that way for 60000.Runs smooth on the road. Does not do snow.Best to put 100-200 lbs in the box.Love the extended cab.

Not the best truck to drive
By Habnar on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

When I first tried to drive this truck off the lot I put it in reverse and let out the clutch and heard the gears grinding. I went back in and told the dealer that there is something wrong with the transmission. Oh no, he says, that is normal, you have to wait 6 seconds after you put it in reverse before you can let out on the clutch. That is the biggest beef I have with this truck. I have the 2.2L, 4 cyl. and the head gasket went at about 85,000. Other than that it has been very reliable. The truck can be a handful to drive, especially around sharp turns and exit ramps at highway speeds.

Ryan
By Ryan B on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

I think that the 95 s-10 is an awsome truck with much power i will admit i race mine and if you want something that gets up and goes here it is