Used 1995 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Dependable Truck
By chevyman87

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I drive the 1995 Chevrolet s10 extended cab LS 4.3 Vortec. I have no problems with it what so ever. It runs awesome, handles awesome and performs at 5 stars. I maintain the oil changes around 4000 miles, I added a spectre cold air intake, with a flowmaster super 44 muffler, straight pipe exhaust sounds good, quick, gas mileage isn't good but who cares it's fun. The truck has 60000 miles on it, black and white exterior, tan interior. Engine is clean, no cracks on the interior. Minor rust but it was an easy fix. Worth every dime I would recommend this truck to friends and family.

Now it's a blast in the past because it is a '95 but it comfortable and affordable and it's a powerful little truck. Does turn heads.

None that I can think of, again it's a '95.

Hunk o' Junk
By rob09

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this truck with 6600 miles in 1996. From the moment I drove it off the lot, it has had problems. I have replaced just about everything that can be replaced on it- sometimes more than once. It had 3 recalls in the span of 2 years, mainly minor things. The big problems are what irks me. Since it is no longer under warranty, it is costing me a fortune to keep it running. You fix one thing on it and another problems appears- example: For the third time, I am again having to replace the rear main seal- it was replaced in 1996 and again in 2003. For my first truck, it has left a sour taste. Very disappointed. Next truck will be a Toyota. They can keep the American made junk!

Not sure I have any at this point.

Tear it apart and start over!

Problem City
By masterskiier

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I got this truck in October. sense then iv had nothing but problems. very first thing i had to replace was a fuel injector at 97000. to me that seemed crazy, scenes the truck was never beat on. and now the engine blew at 100250.

stick shift. thats it.

longevity. (a truck should not die at 100000 miles

Bad luck with truck !
By Elijah Sowers

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought my truck new in 95 maybe 14 miles on it after 4years every thing fell apart. 38,000 miles through bearing comes apart around 40,000 miles antifreeze starts leaking down the side fo the block. the head bolts broke off in the engine causing the leal 48,000 miles starter falls off both starter bolts broke off in engine. The only good thing I can say about this truck is it looks sharp. I a piece of junk with nice looking body I will never buy chevy or GM again.

Put Ford engine and drivetrain in this truck and you might have something

Good little truck
By Big D

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I love my truck. Very reliable and cheap transportation for me for the last 12 years. I have had a few problems, but most were covered under warranty during the first 36,000 miles. Since then, I replaced the alternator, battery, U bolts, and that is it. The truck burns no oil, runs like a dream, and is very quick. It rides a little rough. It is easy to park and easy to see out of this vehicle. Oh yeah, one more thing, the radio volume knob fell off one day. Funny thing was I was driving down the road, passed a guy with the exact same truck, looked through his window and noticed that his volume button fell off too!

I can pull in front of someone and then step on it and leave 'em in the dust. They don't think an S10 truck can do that, but it does.

It's too late to improve this truck now. Plus there is not much to improve. Sure it would be great to have side airbags and passenger airbags, but those weren't common in '95.