Used 1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

My first....
By Chevygirl

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my S-10 9 years ago when I was 22,it was my first truck AND first vehicle I have ever owned. It only had 98,000 miles on it and now has around 170,000. Other than regular tune ups, break changes and flat tiers the amount of money I have had to put into it. Has been less then $500! And when something does go wrong the fact that it's American made makes it all the more easier and cheaper to fix and get fix. Her MPR is starting to drop but that's to be expected. Shes a 2wd but has put 4 wd to shame. Drives fully loaded and unloaded like a dream. Great interior. Still nothing to complain about 9 years later. Already bought another one and looking for the next one. Still got her though!!

You can fully load the bed and still get good MPG considering. Still can seat 4 like a car if need be.

YEA a BIG ONE! Get rid of the COLO. and bring back the S-10! Do you know how hard it is to get people to sell their S-10's? :) other than that? Nope, keep them the same.. :)

Awesome Truck
By John U

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Year 2008:Still running strong. Tired of hearing negativity after 100000 mi. Take care of it and it will take care of you. My S10 will be coming up to the 200000 mi club before the end of the year. I am getting 30mpg. I primarily use it to drive for work, approx. 80mi round trip due to new job(2yrs). Only major thing was the water pump. The normal maintenance of oil changes and tune ups has it still running strong. I am just now starting to get rust on both sides of the lower cab. This is great considering I live in NE Ohio and what the salt does to your vehicle.

Best truck ever
By allen

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Keep up on maintencs with lucas oil aditive. Change oil every 5,000 with good oil. This truck will run forever! My Bahama blue over black is a cool paint job from factory. T vortex v-6 is a power house. I have just shy of 300,000 miles and this truck runs like it did when i bought it new. I have replaced the u joints 8 times but just replaced the shocks at 275,000

The cool paint from factory, good factory Delco cd player and towing power are a plus .Gas mileage still is about 19.5 to 21 in highway / city. The anti lock brakes work very good in the rain or snow. It is very hard to get the truck stuck in the snow with a little bit of weight in the bed.

Strong u joints, and a bug guard to protect the winshield, heater core is in very bad place you have to take out the dash will take a few hrs. to replace

Mechanical Problems
By Nathan D

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I like the way you sit in the truck. Not too high, not too low. The manual transmission treats me well too. Good clutch and easy to shift. There are a few negatives however. It drove well off the lot, but a week later the head gasket decided to go out at 90,000 miles. The exhaust was replaced a couple times as well. The side mirror has fallen off twice. Once when I was on the interstate, it was quite a surprise. The blower switch has broken. The turn signal switch has gone out and still doesn't work quite right. The thermostat has failed once, and plug and wires were replaced at 150,000 miles. At 156,000 miles, the head gasket has an internal leak and will need replacement.

The body of the truck has held up well. Contrary to other reviews, I kinda like the bucket seats in my truck.

Better engine with fewer problems. A bad head gasket not only hurts your day but your bank account too!

Great S-10
By Rick B.

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new with 6 miles. TB V6 auto Red over B;ack. In 11 years, have replaced EGR (2 mo), A/C Comp., Evap., muffler. That's it. Drives and handles great, rides great, fun to drive. The ABS is something else. Hard to brake & stop. Upgraded the rotors, calipers, drums and shoes to get it working properly. You can put a ton of stuff in this 1/2 ton and still have power and comfort. The worst thing about this truck was replacing the flasher for the turn signals. The engineer that placed the part is still laughing to this day!

Looks. Style. Color combo. Ride. Comfort. Peppy TBI V6.

Find the engineer that decided to put the flasher unit in a place that requires removing 37 screws, 3 panels under the dash along with the deep tight fit and make him change the thing!