1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
My first....
By Chevygirl on 06/23/10 11:49 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my S-10 9 years ago when I was 22,it was my first truck AND first vehicle I have ever owned. It only had 98,000 miles on it and now has around 170,000. Other than regular tune ups, break changes and flat tiers the amount of money I have had to put into it. Has been less then $500! And when something does go wrong the fact that it's American made makes it all the more easier and cheaper to fix and get fix. Her MPR is starting to drop but that's to be expected. Shes a 2wd but has put 4 wd to shame. Drives fully loaded and unloaded like a dream. Great interior. Still nothing to complain about 9 years later. Already bought another one and looking for the next one. Still got her though!!

Awesome Truck
By John U on 11/20/08 07:27 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Year 2008:Still running strong. Tired of hearing negativity after 100000 mi. Take care of it and it will take care of you. My S10 will be coming up to the 200000 mi club before the end of the year. I am getting 30mpg. I primarily use it to drive for work, approx. 80mi round trip due to new job(2yrs). Only major thing was the water pump. The normal maintenance of oil changes and tune ups has it still running strong. I am just now starting to get rust on both sides of the lower cab. This is great considering I live in NE Ohio and what the salt does to your vehicle.

Best truck ever
By allen on 04/14/08 05:59 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Keep up on maintencs with lucas oil aditive. Change oil every 5,000 with good oil. This truck will run forever! My Bahama blue over black is a cool paint job from factory. T vortex v-6 is a power house. I have just shy of 300,000 miles and this truck runs like it did when i bought it new. I have replaced the u joints 8 times but just replaced the shocks at 275,000

Mechanical Problems
By Nathan D on 04/24/07 12:32 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I like the way you sit in the truck. Not too high, not too low. The manual transmission treats me well too. Good clutch and easy to shift. There are a few negatives however. It drove well off the lot, but a week later the head gasket decided to go out at 90,000 miles. The exhaust was replaced a couple times as well. The side mirror has fallen off twice. Once when I was on the interstate, it was quite a surprise. The blower switch has broken. The turn signal switch has gone out and still doesn't work quite right. The thermostat has failed once, and plug and wires were replaced at 150,000 miles. At 156,000 miles, the head gasket has an internal leak and will need replacement.

Great S-10
By Rick B. on 07/04/06 19:46 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new with 6 miles. TB V6 auto Red over B;ack. In 11 years, have replaced EGR (2 mo), A/C Comp., Evap., muffler. That's it. Drives and handles great, rides great, fun to drive. The ABS is something else. Hard to brake & stop. Upgraded the rotors, calipers, drums and shoes to get it working properly. You can put a ton of stuff in this 1/2 ton and still have power and comfort. The worst thing about this truck was replacing the flasher for the turn signals. The engineer that placed the part is still laughing to this day!

Great Truck So Far
By Tony Cross on 03/09/06 20:11 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I just got this truck and so far so good. When I first got it it was on E and I put $10 in it and it got me almost a half of a tank so I can imagine how much it would be to fill it up. I was shocked because before I had a gas guzzling Dodge Dakota and $10 from E might get you 1/25 of a tank. This S-10 has a smooth idle and runs quiet when driving. This truck is not afraid to get up to speed either. You will be at 70 before you know it. That is when the cruise control come in handy.

High Milage Happiness
By Jeff on 01/11/06 23:46 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have bought this vehicle before Christmas, because I need a small truck, for projects around the house. I and my family enjoy it very much. I have had trucks in the past as well as some nice SUV's and miss them. It holds up very well, we have crossed rivers and four wheeled in some back wood areas that family owns and never got stuck once. The ride is like a 4wd truck, what do you expect, a G35 coupe? For serious high miles, the engine still has plenty of power, and not as much as expected in the way of leaks, except some one stripped the oil pan plug. Steering needs rebuilt, but I predict to be happy after the small projects are finished. The body is really solid, no rust, bed too.

What a Fun Ride
By Kayle Drucker on 07/10/05 18:28 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck was my father's truck before I got it at 16 yrs of age. It is a very dependable truck, even with a teenage behind the wheel. have 127,000 miles today. Just have the normal maintenance on the truck. I would recommend this truck to anyone. If you buy this truck get the V6 5 speed manual, that is where the fun comes into play. Hate to sell and will miss my truck but I do require more room to fit more people.

I tried to buy American
By j.a. beede on 06/25/05 13:31 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck with less than 60k miles 3 years ago. Now it has 74k. So far I've replaced 2 O2 sensors, the alternator, the EGR valve, the exhaust system, the spider injector system, the ball jointsand 2 tires. The plastic interior rattles. The bottom of the doors are rusting due to poor drainage. It leaks from the front and rear differentials. It leaks from the power steering. I was hoping to get 100k miles out of it, but who knows what will go wrong next. I wish I would have bought a Japanese truck.

Great Truck
By D. Karl on 04/25/05 16:12 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've always been a truck owner. I've had my S-10 for 10 years. I like the ride... handles well enough, but a pleasant ride. Interior is fine for me; seat color hides dirt. Just an all round nice vehicle. In 10 years and 150,000 miles the only repairs were EGR valve, alternator and wiper hose.