Used 1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Good little truck
By Big D

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I love my truck. Very reliable and cheap transportation for me for the last 12 years. I have had a few problems, but most were covered under warranty during the first 36,000 miles. Since then, I replaced the alternator, battery, U bolts, and that is it. The truck burns no oil, runs like a dream, and is very quick. It rides a little rough. It is easy to park and easy to see out of this vehicle. Oh yeah, one more thing, the radio volume knob fell off one day. Funny thing was I was driving down the road, passed a guy with the exact same truck, looked through his window and noticed that his volume button fell off too!

I can pull in front of someone and then step on it and leave 'em in the dust. They don't think an S10 truck can do that, but it does.

It's too late to improve this truck now. Plus there is not much to improve. Sure it would be great to have side airbags and passenger airbags, but those weren't common in '95.

Great truck
By hobie237

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has never given me any problems, other than ones I've caused myself. Towing three times the capacity has cost me 2 transmissions so far. All in all, the truck starts when I want it to and takes whatever I need wherever I need it. I was a Ford guy. This truck made me a Chevy guy.

yeah S10!
By jaydb28

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a 1995 S10 vin Z with 159000 miles. I love this truck. It flat out hauls (great for burnouts), and can carry a lot a weight for such small truck. So far had to replace brakes once, rear shocks, alternator, starter, and the catalytic converter, but that is to be expected with such high mileage. Cat-back exhaust and a superchip really improve the power of these things!

Excellent power, nice ride, good sound system.

Make the interior more durable, considering i had to crazy glue a piece back on.

great truck
By hotrodrigue

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

One guy in this review wrote that everything went out by 100k miles. He's either lost his mind or got chevy mixed up with his ford. Maybe a lemon, who knows, but this truck and engine has got me through a lot without many probs. Besided spark plugs and wires, the engine is perfect. I've had probs with my rear end only because I lifted the truck and put 31" tires on it. I had to put a geared down rear end and change my clutch at 120k miles which is amazing for pulling the big inboard outboard boat and turning those big tires. I have 125k miles on this truck and can't complain. I hope my next Chevy treats me as good as this one did........Great Truck.

a little truck
By Dwight Squires

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

Easy to drive and park, very useful for moving things. Have used it for 10 or 15 moves.

nice to have a little pickup

very reliable, no problems in 3 years