1995 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Dependable Truck
By chevyman87 on 05/07/12 22:12 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I drive the 1995 Chevrolet s10 extended cab LS 4.3 Vortec. I have no problems with it what so ever. It runs awesome, handles awesome and performs at 5 stars. I maintain the oil changes around 4000 miles, I added a spectre cold air intake, with a flowmaster super 44 muffler, straight pipe exhaust sounds good, quick, gas mileage isn't good but who cares it's fun. The truck has 60000 miles on it, black and white exterior, tan interior. Engine is clean, no cracks on the interior. Minor rust but it was an easy fix. Worth every dime I would recommend this truck to friends and family.

My first....
By Chevygirl on 06/23/10 11:49 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my S-10 9 years ago when I was 22,it was my first truck AND first vehicle I have ever owned. It only had 98,000 miles on it and now has around 170,000. Other than regular tune ups, break changes and flat tiers the amount of money I have had to put into it. Has been less then $500! And when something does go wrong the fact that it's American made makes it all the more easier and cheaper to fix and get fix. Her MPR is starting to drop but that's to be expected. Shes a 2wd but has put 4 wd to shame. Drives fully loaded and unloaded like a dream. Great interior. Still nothing to complain about 9 years later. Already bought another one and looking for the next one. Still got her though!!

Hunk o' Junk
By rob09 on 08/02/09 09:54 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this truck with 6600 miles in 1996. From the moment I drove it off the lot, it has had problems. I have replaced just about everything that can be replaced on it- sometimes more than once. It had 3 recalls in the span of 2 years, mainly minor things. The big problems are what irks me. Since it is no longer under warranty, it is costing me a fortune to keep it running. You fix one thing on it and another problems appears- example: For the third time, I am again having to replace the rear main seal- it was replaced in 1996 and again in 2003. For my first truck, it has left a sour taste. Very disappointed. Next truck will be a Toyota. They can keep the American made junk!

Problem City
By masterskiier on 05/15/09 14:48 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

I got this truck in October. sense then iv had nothing but problems. very first thing i had to replace was a fuel injector at 97000. to me that seemed crazy, scenes the truck was never beat on. and now the engine blew at 100250.

Awesome Truck
By John U on 11/20/08 07:27 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Year 2008:Still running strong. Tired of hearing negativity after 100000 mi. Take care of it and it will take care of you. My S10 will be coming up to the 200000 mi club before the end of the year. I am getting 30mpg. I primarily use it to drive for work, approx. 80mi round trip due to new job(2yrs). Only major thing was the water pump. The normal maintenance of oil changes and tune ups has it still running strong. I am just now starting to get rust on both sides of the lower cab. This is great considering I live in NE Ohio and what the salt does to your vehicle.

Bad luck with truck !
By Elijah Sowers on 05/08/08 15:10 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought my truck new in 95 maybe 14 miles on it after 4years every thing fell apart. 38,000 miles through bearing comes apart around 40,000 miles antifreeze starts leaking down the side fo the block. the head bolts broke off in the engine causing the leal 48,000 miles starter falls off both starter bolts broke off in engine. The only good thing I can say about this truck is it looks sharp. I a piece of junk with nice looking body I will never buy chevy or GM again.

Best truck ever
By allen on 04/14/08 05:59 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Keep up on maintencs with lucas oil aditive. Change oil every 5,000 with good oil. This truck will run forever! My Bahama blue over black is a cool paint job from factory. T vortex v-6 is a power house. I have just shy of 300,000 miles and this truck runs like it did when i bought it new. I have replaced the u joints 8 times but just replaced the shocks at 275,000

Mechanical Problems
By Nathan D on 04/24/07 12:32 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I like the way you sit in the truck. Not too high, not too low. The manual transmission treats me well too. Good clutch and easy to shift. There are a few negatives however. It drove well off the lot, but a week later the head gasket decided to go out at 90,000 miles. The exhaust was replaced a couple times as well. The side mirror has fallen off twice. Once when I was on the interstate, it was quite a surprise. The blower switch has broken. The turn signal switch has gone out and still doesn't work quite right. The thermostat has failed once, and plug and wires were replaced at 150,000 miles. At 156,000 miles, the head gasket has an internal leak and will need replacement.

Good little truck
By Big D on 10/24/06 20:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I love my truck. Very reliable and cheap transportation for me for the last 12 years. I have had a few problems, but most were covered under warranty during the first 36,000 miles. Since then, I replaced the alternator, battery, U bolts, and that is it. The truck burns no oil, runs like a dream, and is very quick. It rides a little rough. It is easy to park and easy to see out of this vehicle. Oh yeah, one more thing, the radio volume knob fell off one day. Funny thing was I was driving down the road, passed a guy with the exact same truck, looked through his window and noticed that his volume button fell off too!

Great S-10
By Rick B. on 07/04/06 19:46 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new with 6 miles. TB V6 auto Red over B;ack. In 11 years, have replaced EGR (2 mo), A/C Comp., Evap., muffler. That's it. Drives and handles great, rides great, fun to drive. The ABS is something else. Hard to brake & stop. Upgraded the rotors, calipers, drums and shoes to get it working properly. You can put a ton of stuff in this 1/2 ton and still have power and comfort. The worst thing about this truck was replacing the flasher for the turn signals. The engineer that placed the part is still laughing to this day!