Used 1994 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

A High-school dream
By WStoney

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my Chevy S10 for $1000 dollars at 200k miles (only because the owner thought it had a cracked head, but it was perfectly fine and just a spark plug wire came loose) and I have to say, it's been a great first vehicle. I used it to learn how to drive manual and it's still going strong. The little 2.2l 4 cylinder can move this truck pretty quick on the city streets, but I wouldn't recommend it for constant use on interstate highways. The gas mileage is great, insurance is cheap (for me at least) and it has maintained great reliability. The only part I have a problem with is the ignition module on top of the steering column under the dash, as it will go out about once or twice a year, but as soon as I did it once, it's a quick swap and the part only costs about $8. My truck has been beaten up a bit from previous owners and had me grind the gears while learning how to drive it, but it's still as strong as my dad's was when he had his. My S10 was lowered and I believe it increased the cornering pretty well, and it feels very strong compared to some other trucks. If I was to get my child a first vehicle, a manual 2.2l S10 would be first choice for its reliability, tolerance to abuse, and the great gas mileage.

300,000 miles and still going strong
By Brad

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Bought the S10 in the fall of 1994 because I just relocated to Northeastern Ohio and I needed four wheel drive for the winter. I have never been left stranded by this truck and beyond routine maintenance I have had no repair issues. I would recommend these trucks to anyone.

I like the 4.3l engine and shift on the fly four wheel drive. Gas mileage is not too back I average 21 on longer trips with reasonable speeds.

I'd like a bit more legroom, but I'm 6'3" and it can be a common complaint for me in full size trucks too.

237,000 Miles
By tngatorfan

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck in 2000 from the original owner for college and it has gone the distance. It just died after 237,000 miles with only minor repairs to the engine and body. This was a fantastic vehicle and loved the style and fuel economy it provided. I towed my boat and used it to move three times during its life. I would replace the engine but it is no longer worth the cost. I changed the oil every three to four thousand miles. If you take care of it; it will take care of you.

body style and practicality.

better rear suspension

In my opinion!
By 1bad+s-10!

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I don't know what most people think of the S-10 but I wouldn't trade mine for anything. I love this truck, don't get me wrong they do have some minor problems like, lack of room, the seats are a bit uncomfortable, and it's not to smooth of a ride either but the looks are incredible. The 4.3 vortec that came in mine can hold its own against any stock v8 I have encountered but a Chevy 350 swap is amazing in this small truck.

The small body, the smooth curves, and 4.3 vortec engine.

It could use a bit more room behind the seats in the reg cab and the 700R4 trans needs to be replaced with a turbo 350 or 400 trans.

Oh Yes
By Aaron

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this S-10 thinking it was old and a pretty cruddy truck. I looked at the odometer and it only had 40,196 original miles on it. I love this truck. It has no rust, no scratches, and no dents or dings. It was taken care of. I continue to do the same. It has alloy rims and a 5 speed manual transmission. I have the 2.2L straight 4 engine in the truck. I have made some upgrades to the engine and boosted the horsepower tremendesly.

Fun to drive. Small and good on gas (unless you are going down the interstate), good everyday driver, only 60,000 miles on the odometer!

Way too light, anytime it rains I hydroplane going at low speeds, posi- traction stinks, the right rear tire spins constantly and left one won't kick in until the right one finds some grip, 4-cylinders are waste of engines in trucks. Bring back the S-10, scrap the Colorado!