Used 1994 Chevrolet S-10 LS Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Great Truck
By p8md

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Overall this truck has been great! I drive 50 miles a day and have had no major problems. The 4.3L is peppy and gets 22 MPG on highway (not bad for a 6 cylinder). I have 175,000 miles on this truck, it does not burn or leak oil, and have had no problems except routine maintenence.

Favorite Features

Plenty of power when you need it. Very reliable even with 175K+ miles on the engine.

Suggested Improvements

The swaybar linkage broke and needed replacement. Needs a rear bench seat. The only reason I want something new is because I don't feel comfortable with kids riding in the small sideways "jump-seats" with lap belts.

Worth It!
By Jai

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my S-10 used from a local dealership. So far, it has ran excellently but needed a few minor repairs. A few specks of rust needed painted over (costing approx. $50) and the winshield wiper engine needed replaced.I need to eventually replace the speakers, the sound doesn't always come out of both sides...Other than that, I love this little truck!

Favorite Features

The color!!! Called rasberry, but i consider it more of a hot pink. The extended cab is good for hauling my friends around, and i appreciate the fact that i can see over the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

The seats could be pulled up a little closer to the wheel...i'm only 5'2" and sometimes i feel like my feet need to be closer to the pedals. Better speakers, 4 wheel drive. And maybe better seat belts in the extended cab...

S10 review
By Ford man

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned this vehicle for about a year now and have had no major problems with it. It gets after it pretty well with the quick 4.3 litre. I have only had minor problems such as replacing radiator hose and having the exaust pipe crack in two. I since have taken off the muffler and now it has received the title of "the green machine."

Favorite Features

Peppy 4.3 litre v6 Comfortable inside. Reliable vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Heavier back end. I am an avid hunter and need better traction in muddy and snowy conditions Different cassette player. Will not work with a cd player adaptor.

If you like little trucks good choice
By AJP

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my S10 used and have only had it for a couple of months but I like it I use it to go to college and part time work even though it is no speed demon the little four cylinder has plenty of pulling power yet save you tons on gas the extended cab it great I have children and some times they ride in the back even if there is no one else in the truck they love it. I am a male about 200 hundred lbs and I have also rode in the back it was not the most comfortable ride but suitable when neccesary. Love my litte blue skidder (some times I help my brother drag down timber out of his wooded area so that we can cut it up for fire wood). Anthony

Favorite Features

The sound systen is great with six standard speakers and of course I would not have it without the extended cab portion.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a little more room or better sits in the extended cab area. better wiper motor sometimes I have had problems with the plug on it.