Used 1994 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Great Vehicle!
By dmw78

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my S10 brand new in 1994 and it has never left me sit. It runs great even with 160,000+ miles on it. There is no rust anywhere, which is great for having it up north in the snow. The 4WD works like a charm. The only problem I had with it was the anit-lock brakes. I kept telling them I had a problem. They caused me to slam a Honda Civic in the rear. It put the rear bumper of the Civic in the back seat, while I had less than $200.00 damage to the S10. The next week there was a recall for the anti-lock brakes. They have worked ever since. Take care of your S10 and it will take care of you. I love mine, probably never get rid of it. The paint is starting to show wear after 21 years.

I love the 4WD, the 4WD push button selector. The 4.3 L Vortec engine is the best. It won't stop running and feels like an 8 cylinder. Almost too much power in that small of a truck. With the tilt wheel and all power accessories it makes it feel very comfortable. I have an automatic transmission but that option was not available to pick for the review.

Power seats, Better rims. The aluminum alloy rims got ugly pretty quickly. Nothing you did could stop it. A larger tire made a world of difference as well. It would have been nice if it came with them.

Great Truck
By p8md

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Overall this truck has been great! I drive 50 miles a day and have had no major problems. The 4.3L is peppy and gets 22 MPG on highway (not bad for a 6 cylinder). I have 175,000 miles on this truck, it does not burn or leak oil, and have had no problems except routine maintenence.

Plenty of power when you need it. Very reliable even with 175K+ miles on the engine.

The swaybar linkage broke and needed replacement. Needs a rear bench seat. The only reason I want something new is because I don't feel comfortable with kids riding in the small sideways "jump-seats" with lap belts.

Worth It!
By Jai

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my S-10 used from a local dealership. So far, it has ran excellently but needed a few minor repairs. A few specks of rust needed painted over (costing approx. $50) and the winshield wiper engine needed replaced.I need to eventually replace the speakers, the sound doesn't always come out of both sides...Other than that, I love this little truck!

The color!!! Called rasberry, but i consider it more of a hot pink. The extended cab is good for hauling my friends around, and i appreciate the fact that i can see over the steering wheel.

The seats could be pulled up a little closer to the wheel...i'm only 5'2" and sometimes i feel like my feet need to be closer to the pedals. Better speakers, 4 wheel drive. And maybe better seat belts in the extended cab...

S-10 pickup
By Tommy Zuniga

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

ran real great...no problems at all

good gas mileage

nothing

S10 review
By Ford man

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned this vehicle for about a year now and have had no major problems with it. It gets after it pretty well with the quick 4.3 litre. I have only had minor problems such as replacing radiator hose and having the exaust pipe crack in two. I since have taken off the muffler and now it has received the title of "the green machine."

Peppy 4.3 litre v6 Comfortable inside. Reliable vehicle

Heavier back end. I am an avid hunter and need better traction in muddy and snowy conditions Different cassette player. Will not work with a cd player adaptor.